Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New member/owner

Go down 
+2
albertj
manic mechanic
6 posters
AuthorMessage
manic mechanic
Special

Name : Kurt Wagner
Merit : 1

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptySat Sep 15, 2018 11:49 pm

Hi all!

I recently inherited my father's '98 SC/ 93k... Pearl white with gray.. all options (was there any other way?)

Spent the last year "rehabbing" the old girl. Have 3300 miles on her since getting all systems functional.

Am I better off "rodding" her or waiting for the market to catch up with her?

"manic" .wink

She already has Ceramic front brakes and cross-drilled, slotted rotors, Bridgestone Potenzas, and a few "Tweaks" I was able to do with the company Tech II.

Yes.. 25+ year ASE pro with 53 years turning wrenches here..
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptyWed Sep 26, 2018 8:30 pm

manic mechanic wrote:
Hi all!

I recently inherited my father's '98 SC/ 93k... Pearl white with gray.. all options (was there any other way?)

Spent the last year "rehabbing" the old girl. Have 3300 miles on her since getting all systems functional.

Am I better off "rodding" her or waiting for the market to catch up with her?

"manic" .wink

She already has Ceramic front brakes and cross-drilled, slotted rotors, Bridgestone Potenzas, and a few "Tweaks" I was able to do with the company Tech II.  

Yes.. 25+ year ASE pro with 53 years turning wrenches here..

If you read back through Engine posts you'll find data for replacing the SC pulley and what not then re-doing the fuel maps, which I understand you can do with the Tech II.

Rodding or market? It's your car & your call. With 93K on it... there are lower mileage ones out there... I really don't know what I would do.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptyThu Sep 27, 2018 8:27 am

Welcome hi

There isn't much you can change with a Tech II. You could slap a 3.6" pulley, some colder plugs, and maybe a downpipe to get started. That'll wake her up a little bit, and the PCM can adjust itself just fine for those mods. Anything smaller and you start crossing into re-write land.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptyWed Oct 03, 2018 11:16 am

Abaddon wrote:
Welcome hi

There isn't much you can change with a Tech II. You could slap a 3.6" pulley, some colder plugs, and maybe a downpipe to get started. That'll wake her up a little bit, and the PCM can adjust itself just fine for those mods. Anything smaller and you start crossing into re-write land.

K
Back to top Go down
dAriel49
Amateur

Name : Jarred
Merit : 0

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 2:12 am

Welcome! Sounds like you got good years of experience. It would be interesting to know your mods for that car. Have fun
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptyFri Oct 05, 2018 4:35 am

Welcome Kurt.
Back to top Go down
blugale20
Rookie

Name : Wayne Bennet
Merit : 0

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner EmptyWed Oct 10, 2018 11:57 pm

Hello, new member here as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New member/owner Empty
PostSubject: Re: New member/owner   New member/owner Empty

Back to top Go down

New member/owner
Page 1 of 1