Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

ram air

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
71stagegs
Enthusiast
71stagegs

Name : steve
Merit : 2

ram air Empty
PostSubject: ram air   ram air EmptyMon Oct 29, 2018 10:32 pm

Has anyone tried to add ram air to the CAI will maf sensor adjust to all the air flow
Back to top Go down
brutusk1

Name : Brutusk
Merit : 13

ram air Empty
PostSubject: Re: ram air   ram air EmptyTue Oct 30, 2018 12:45 am

I've thought about how it could be done and have an idea or two.  I would think since the MAF sensor has to be calibrated to work between sea level and probably 10,000 feet that it would respond accurately since that's what would change: The Mass Air Flow rate.  Of course, everyone knows what happens when one "assumes" something.  The mass air flow at 10k feet with Ram Air is probably similar to that at sea level without it.  I would think the MAF sensor could handle it. However, the technical specs of the MAF and Powertrain Control Module (PCM) are what dictate the possibilites.

This could be of benefit even to those that have fitted a larger supercharger - Ram Air would get more working fluid through a larger or smaller supercharger or turbo and through the engine at a lower temperature than without Ram Air.
Back to top Go down

ram air
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: