Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
sausais
Special

Name : Martins
Merit : 0

Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) Empty
PostSubject: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 7:22 am

Hello
Iam writting from Latvia
I joined 6 years ago but this gona be my first post here so hoping for some help
trying to keep my Riviera in good shape all the time and i wanted to change stabilizer bar bushing in back but there is no chance to buy them anymore so i dont no what to do??
maybe there is something similar what i can use??
or some other advice???
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyMon Jul 15, 2019 3:10 pm

Look up a 2004 Buick Park Avenue rear stabilizer bar bushings with FE1 Soft Ride suspension.

AC Delco 45E1250
or
Moog K201317

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,2004,park+avenue,3.8l+v6+supercharged,1423729,suspension,stabilizer+bar+bushing,7624
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyWed Jul 17, 2019 12:10 pm

sausais wrote:
Hello
Iam writting from Latvia
I joined 6 years ago but this gona be my first post here so hoping for some help
trying to keep my Riviera in good shape all the time and i wanted to change stabilizer bar bushing in back but there is no chance to buy them anymore so i dont no what to do??
maybe there is something similar what i can use??
or some other advice???

In general, stabilizer bar bushings are relatively standard... what you can do is measure the bar diameter (with caliper perhaps) then buy a bushing made for that size bar from a place that sells them for hot rods, then buy them in that size. For instance, https://www.summitracing.com/search/brand/energy-suspension/part-type/sway-bar-bushings. You really should have no problem fitting such a replacement bushing if you don't want the Delco or Moog ones that Abaddon cited (which frankly will work just fine).

The problem with bushings such as these is that the brackets will deform (bend) under very heavy loads. You can buy or (if you know a machinst) make heavier-duty brackets if needed; be sure to reinforce the frame attachment points if you do, or the bolts will be pulled from the frame when you drive the car hard.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 9:04 pm

Another Timo.
Wish I had the energy to buy, pack and ship like I did for him for 3 or 4 years.
Even took delivery of a mountain bike for him and shipped it from here with a letter saying it was a gift.
Saved him a bunch of dough on his end at customs.
I came up with some very creative letters for all the different boxes I shipped to him. It was fun at the time and I enjoyed doing it.
Last time I talked to him, a few years ago, he told me he had to sell the Riv. It was getting to expensive for him over there.
I felt bad................................................................................for a few minutes.
Just kidding.
I liked Timo a lot and got to know him somewhat even using (shit, I forget) the computer equivalent of Facetime back then. I'm going brain dead slowly, or quickly. Depends on who you talk to.
Back to top Go down
sausais
Special

Name : Martins
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 9:14 am

Here in Latvia this car is super rare even in all Europe and nobody wants to work with it and all parts i need to buy in USA and then ship to Latvia and it cost so much. But i really love this this car so iam tryin my best.
I will buy rear stabilizer bar bushings with FE1 Soft Ride suspension for 2004 Buick Park Avenue.
If they will not fit or feels bad then i will try to customize something.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Martins,
Where are you ordering your GM parts from.??
When I replaced my rear sway bar with a heavier thicker on I bought a kit that had poly bushings and new brackets. I think they even had grease fittings in them.
I can't remember for sure but I do know when I put a larger diameter sway bar on the front of the car I did use a set-up of poly bushings that attached to the frame with new brackets and grease fittings. I also replace all 4 sway bar links with ones that use larger diameter bolts and poly bushings.
After doing the front and back with bigger bars and solid bushings plus the front strut tower brace it helped to make the car carve into and out of the corners much better.
You would have to custom make the front strut tower brace as they are no longer available here in the US either. They are easy to make if know how to weld. If not, then someone ellse can make the strut tower brace for you.
If you haven't already looked up a thread on about the strut tower brace you should. It's an easy modification that helps quite a lot.
Regarding the sway bar end links with larger diameter bolts and Poly Urethane bushings, Aaron on this forum used to have kits that he put together ready to sell. If he still has some he may be able to ship them to you and mark the paperwork as used parts with no value and you can avoid the taxes on your end. He is the owner and Administrator of this forum.
Just PM AA and ask him if he still has any kits and if he can help you. That's if you need the end links. I don't know. You only mentioned the bracket bushings. Don't know if you need to do all of it. The parts that bolt to the frame ant the parts that attach to the ends of the stabilizer bars.

Let me look around my garage for you. I think I had some brand new parts for the front and/or rear sway bars.
If I do, I'll measure them so you know they will fit and I'll ship them to you.
What I might have will be the bushings and brackets for where the sway bars attach to the frame.
The end links you should still try contacting AA about.
Rick

p.s. I found box with some misc, NEW parts in it. 2 Energy Suspension Mounts with 1 1/4" poly bushings(greasable)
and 2 GM NEW rubber bushings .......will have to measure diameter. May be the ones your looking for I don't know.
Give me some time. I have to run right now but will be back soon. Then I will measure the Inside Diameter of OEM bushings
and get back to you.
Rick
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyTue Aug 20, 2019 7:54 pm

Well, This is what I have:

2 - Energy Suspension Poly Urethane Sway Bar Mounts, NON- Greasable (sorry about my previous statement)

They measure 1 1/4 in. or Approxiamately 31.9 mm Inside Dimensions The distance between bracket mounting holes are 2.6 in or 66.2 mm to 3.84 in. or 97.5 mm. The holes are elongated for easy install.
The frame back up brackets for these are .2455 in. or 6.23mm. These are very thick brackets.

The OEM bushings I have are GM P/N 25666235. Hole is approx. 21.8mm or 0.8520 in.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) EmptyThu Aug 22, 2019 12:23 pm

sausais wrote:
Here in Latvia this car is super rare even in all Europe and nobody wants to work with it and all parts i need to buy in USA and then ship to Latvia and it cost so much. But i really love this this car so iam tryin my best.
I will buy rear stabilizer bar bushings with FE1 Soft Ride suspension for 2004 Buick Park Avenue.
If they will not fit or feels bad then i will try to customize something.

Don't worry, the bushings and brackets off the Park Avenue will fit.

On my Riviera I bolted on a used rear stabilizer bar from a 1999 Cadillac Seville STS withe the sport suspension. Those brackets bolted right on as well.

Albertj

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)   Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734) Empty

Back to top Go down

Stabilizer Bar Bushing (25604734)
Page 1 of 1