Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rockauto Wholesaler closeout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

Rockauto Wholesaler closeout Empty
PostSubject: Rockauto Wholesaler closeout   Rockauto Wholesaler closeout EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 1:55 pm

Got this in an E mail,

https://www.rockauto.com/RSS/vehiclefeeds.php?carcode=1303322&m=wc&l=en&html=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU

bbyshrk likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

PostSubject: Re: Rockauto Wholesaler closeout   Rockauto Wholesaler closeout EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 7:51 pm

Lots of good stuff in there, thanks for posting!
Back to top Go down
DeepFrozen
Fanatic

Name : Dmitry
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Rockauto Wholesaler closeout   Rockauto Wholesaler closeout EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 1:25 am

Damn, '98-99 Monroe struts just for $18. What a temptation.
If I only knew for sure they could be adapted to my '97...

Last edited by DeepFrozen on Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Rockauto Wholesaler closeout   Rockauto Wholesaler closeout EmptyThu Feb 13, 2020 7:52 am

DeepFrozen wrote:
Damn, '98-99 Monroe struts for just $18. What a temptation.
If I only knew if they could be adapted to my '97...

Abaddon would be able to answer that.  I think the diff might just be the valving.

The TRWs -- those might be a really good bet too.  TRW (as is Sachs, Boge, Lemforder, is wholly owned by ZF. TRW mostly makes OE (and replacement) shocks for European cars, and the engineers probably valved those rascals more like a Mercedes than the OE setup, which only really worked on cobblestone streets in the Greektown section of Detroit, MI.  How it came to be that TRW made struts for the Riv, beats me.  TRW is the "safety and performance" flag of ZF.  Boge is "safety and comfort."  Sachs is "quality and innovation."  Lemforder is "quality, safety and precision."

There was a post on the Car Talk blog from a former GM engineer:

Mustangman wrote:
BTW, I was an engineer for a former GM division that made shocks and I’ve cut apart many brands of shocks and struts to see what is inside. Monroe is a bottom feeder especially their aftermarket replacement parts, Gabriel is a bit better, KYB, Showa and Boge/Sachs (now TRW) are better yet. All are OEM suppliers. Premium suppliers would be Koni or Bilstein.

Which kind of hints if not explains to me why the Delco replacement shocks seem to be relabeled Gabriels.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rockauto Wholesaler closeout   Rockauto Wholesaler closeout Empty

Back to top Go down

Rockauto Wholesaler closeout
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: