Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Fuel tank issues

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Trevorusn
Trevorusn

Name : Trevor
Merit : 0

Fuel tank issues Empty
PostSubject: Fuel tank issues   Fuel tank issues EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 9:07 pm

Being I live in New England, rust is sadly a fact of life here. One crummy aspect is how badly it can affect older cars, like my 96 Riv. On my fuel tank, the metal tabs that lock the fuel sender in place have totally rusted away, leaving me in a dilemma. Finding Riv fuel tanks is not easy, so does a tank from the same gen Aurora fit? Is there any other model who has a matching tank? If not, are there any permanent repairs I can do outside of needing a new tank?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Fuel tank issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel tank issues   Fuel tank issues EmptySat Sep 05, 2020 10:31 pm

thats an easy one... sort of...

https://www.ebay.com/i/273130587438

Search around, you may find some cheaper.  Some years ago IIRC another rivperformance member posted DIY instructions on this repair, too, that retains the lockring capability.

Trevorusn likes this post

Back to top Go down
Trevorusn
Trevorusn

Name : Trevor
Merit : 0

Fuel tank issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel tank issues   Fuel tank issues EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 9:15 pm

Thanks, I'll def look into this.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Fuel tank issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel tank issues   Fuel tank issues EmptySun Sep 06, 2020 10:11 pm

Trevorusn wrote:
Thanks, I'll def look into this.

Sure - see this - https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t10875-rusty-fuel-tank-tab-repair?highlight=rusted+gas+tank

IDK if these are still available. BUT the  point is that a mating ring for the lock ring isn't exactly exotic. In fact, if you read the link to the end (3 screens) you'll see where another list member came up with a solution using common off-the-shelf stainless hardware - depending on the condition of your tank etc. it might work for you too.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuel tank issues Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuel tank issues   Fuel tank issues Empty

Back to top Go down

Fuel tank issues
Page 1 of 1