Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

By passing the express down feature

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Cliff96
Enthusiast

Name : Cliff
Merit : 1

By passing the express down feature Empty
PostSubject: By passing the express down feature   By passing the express down feature EmptyTue Sep 15, 2020 8:32 pm

Can someone tell me how to delete the express down feature on the drivers window? I saw a post from 2017 where someone said they altered a couple of wires that deleted it. My window is stuck in the down position and I think it was caused by the express down feature
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: By passing the express down feature   By passing the express down feature EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 8:52 am

Cliff96 wrote:
Can someone tell me how to delete the express down feature on the drivers window? I saw a post from 2017 where someone said they altered a couple of wires that deleted it. My window is stuck in the down position and I think it was caused by the express down feature

You may simply need to get a junkyard replacement switch for the drivers side armrest switch bank, then decide. IIRC "express down" is just a latching switch with thermal fuse release. Or some such. Maybe someone else will chine in.
Back to top Go down
Cliff96
Enthusiast

Name : Cliff
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: By passing the express down feature   By passing the express down feature EmptyThu Sep 17, 2020 10:59 am

Your right. I took the switch out of a replacement door panel I have and put it in. Now the window works!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: By passing the express down feature   By passing the express down feature Empty

Back to top Go down

By passing the express down feature
Page 1 of 1