Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Passenger side heat not coming on

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
crunk04gtp
Rookie

Name :
Merit : 0

Passenger side heat not coming on Empty
PostSubject: Passenger side heat not coming on   Passenger side heat not coming on EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 10:49 am

Just noticed that the passenger side vents on my 99 are only blowing cold air. I'm guessing blend door actuator? Does anyone know if my guess is right on that or if I need to do more troubleshooting and how much of a pain it would be to fix? Kind of have my hands full for a perpetually broken Jeep and half torn up MB but I feel like this is pretty key for winter.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Passenger side heat not coming on Empty
PostSubject: Re: Passenger side heat not coming on   Passenger side heat not coming on EmptyThu Oct 29, 2020 1:23 pm

crunk04gtp wrote:
Just noticed that the passenger side vents on my 99 are only blowing cold air. I'm guessing blend door actuator? Does anyone know if my guess is right on that or if I need to do more troubleshooting and how much of a pain it would be to fix? Kind of have my hands full for a perpetually broken Jeep and half torn up MB but I feel like this is pretty key for winter.

Do a search on this site, there is a lot about fixing malfunctioning HVAC.  In general you will find info on diagnosing and replacing actuators, and also on overhauling the HVAC control head unit in the dash.  

If you have not yet done so, obtain a factory service manual -- they usually come up cheap from time to time on eBay. Alldata is OK, Chilton not so much. It's not that a Chilton is a bad manual, rather that the way it's written more or less seems to take a lot for granted.
Back to top Go down

Passenger side heat not coming on
Page 1 of 1