Riviera Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cliff96

Name : Cliff
Merit : 0

ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  Empty
PostSubject: ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield    ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  EmptyWed Nov 18, 2020 2:58 pm

I am sure these two things have been discussed on here already but have patience with a newbie joy
From anyone who has tried these two things, do they help?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 124

PostSubject: Re: ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield    ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 8:47 am

Steve Ruconic (71stagegs) has the front log on his 98.  The stock front exhaust manifold is incredibly restrictive.  He showed me pictures when he did it.  There is no question that it helps.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/u425

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHCda-t_Jls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfT2tEO4XcU
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Guru
Jack the R

Merit : 97

PostSubject: Re: ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield    ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:19 am

I haven't tried one, but I'm considering it. People say the rear manifold is almost as good as a header, so most of the improvement is to be found in the front. The cost-to-benefit ratio for the plog is compelling. Considering headers are nearly a grand before installation, and their stage two intercooler is $1100, maybe it is better to go with the plog and intercooler? I don't know, but I'm guessing the plog is the better option unless you are going for the absolute maximum amount of horsepower you can get out of a 3800. Which will cost several thousand dollars, and if you need that much performance maybe you should be thinking about LS-swapping another platform.

Plog is only $150 - I think that's the way I'm going.
Back to top Go down
Cliff96

Name : Cliff
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield    ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 1:25 pm

I'm not looking for a lot of mods I'm just interested in things that help the stock engine run cooler and perform at its best. Thanks for the feedback
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 166

PostSubject: Re: ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield    ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  EmptyThu Nov 19, 2020 9:53 pm

Cliff96 wrote:
I'm not looking for a lot of mods I'm just interested in things that help the stock engine run cooler and perform at its best. Thanks for the feedback

You'll even see performance improve with just porting the stock exhaust manifold (I did).

Cliff96 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield    ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield  Empty

Back to top Go down

ZZP front exhaust log and crossover heat shield
Page 1 of 1