Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Evans Waterless Cooant

Go down 
AuthorMessage
dbriviera
dbriviera

Name : Dave Derhak
Merit : 9

Evans Waterless Cooant Empty
PostSubject: Evans Waterless Cooant   Evans Waterless Cooant EmptyTue Jan 19, 2021 5:12 am

I am seriously thinking about using Evan's waterless coolant in my cooling system. I got the engine out and I'm rebuilding it so just be a matter of flushing note the radiator enough heater core. I'm just curious if anybody else has tried this product I've read a lot about it good things and bad things. One of the great things about it in my case would be that I don't have to worry about swapping out the coolant due to corrosion or acidity issues every five years because I don't drive the car very much. But the number one thing that keeps coming up is that it has less efficiency then regular antifreeze water mixture, but it does not give you eater based coolant vapourizationissues around the combustion chamber in the cylinder heads as it vaporization point 374F/190c.
The Evans people say that it pulls more heat out and that's why your engine temperature goes up but I think it's because it's a little bit less efficient ( about 60% of water) so it's really like only having 60% of a cooling systems radiator capacity if that's the best way to understand it...this would explain the higher temp. I intend on using a 160-degree thermostat and the Evans literature says the cooling system temperatures will rise by about 10 to 15 degrees Fahrenheit so I'm curious if I'm going to have a 170 to 175 degree operating temperature or if it's going to be closer to 200 to 215.... I'm not clear on this. I have also read articles where people who use the product say that because of their increase in operating temperature (nobody seemed to mention a change in thermostat) the oil temperature rises, which makes sense if the block is a little hotter inside. I have the intention of adding an engine oil cooler to my Riviera because it seems like a pretty easy thing to add and it's not expensive. I drive it in the summer here and evan in the winter if I do drive, its never very cold where i live...almost never at freeze temps, so i welcome the cooler engine oil temp the oil cooler will provide. I will also add and aux trans cooler. . if anybody's actually tried this product in their Riviera or Grand Prix or what-have-you... something with a 3800 supercharged engine I'd sure like to hear from you.
Back to top Go down

Evans Waterless Cooant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Care & Maintenance-
Jump to: