Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Door Jamb Switch?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
steel2040

Merit : 0

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 8:53 am

Anyone know if we have a door jamb switch ? Cause when i turn my car off and open the drivers door the radio stays on. But when i open the Passengers it turns off. Same with interior lights so i assume its the switch the only thing is when you open the drivers door it does say Door Adjar.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyWed Nov 28, 2007 5:01 pm

i was also wondering this cuz mine does the same thing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
Stealofcentury
Rookie

Name : Matt

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 2:39 pm

I know this post is almost 2 years old, but did anyone have a solution to this problem?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 8:29 pm

the door latch has a switch inside it.

Your problem *might* be the switch but just as likely is a chafed or broken wire in the area where the wires pass out of the door and into the A-pillar - check that bundle of wires first. You might have to pull off the door panel. You probably need to get a FSM (factory service manual) for reference and remove/replace instructions.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Stealofcentury
Rookie

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyWed Jul 22, 2009 11:35 pm

Thanks Albertj, its funny you mention that. I had to take the door apart to run wires for my trunk release and door locks for my remote start. As I was running the wires throught the boot at the door hinge, I saw 2 open wires hanging loose. Called it a night, but will fix them tomorrow and see if that is the problem. The other problem I have is the driver door lock switch is inop, heres hoping they both are fixed with these wires!
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 3:38 am

i do not have the bulletin number but there was a bulletin from GM about problems with wiring on that pass thru and some sort of recommendation for inspection.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Stealofcentury
Rookie

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 5:50 pm

Thanks again Albrtj. Those two open wires were for my door locks and my accessories cut off when opening the door. Repaired both wires and now everything works again. And here I was debating to buy a door latch.....
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? EmptyThu Jul 23, 2009 6:31 pm

You are welcome. Drive safely.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Door Jamb Switch? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door Jamb Switch?   Door Jamb Switch? Empty

Back to top Go down

Door Jamb Switch?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Audio & Electronics-
Jump to: