Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

CT and New England

Go down 
+2
1998 Riv
BillBoost37
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 1:45 pm

Hi guys.. Anyone in the New England area.. actually anyone willing to make the trip, this is open to all.

Being part of a Bonneville forum for some time, it was noticed that most forums don't have enough meets. This coming spring/summer another meet is scheduled. While it's currently called NorthEast Bonneville Fest, the theme has been changing and it is evolving into more of a big meet for all that are on forums where the Bonne may be found.

Dates are in June and there will be camping/hotel info posted with more activities etc as they are determined, including a day at the track.

In the past this meet grew, 1st time 10 cars, 2nd time 16 cars, 3rd ..21 cars.. and I believe this past fall there were 25 cars (one was a black Riv ...oldsman). Friends come from all over, Florida/Canada and as far as Arizona. Please consider yourselves all invited.

NEBF Link

More details to come.

Last edited by BillBoost37 on Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 2:17 pm

Sweet, wish I lived close enough to attend some East coast activities.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 2:27 pm

Dave...I drove through your neck of the woods in Aug 06 on my way to Oregon for a meet. It's not too far...
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 4:48 pm

Except I'm pretty much limited to one long trip like this, and not annually even. Hard to justify the expense with a young family. If I could, I'd travel to the BPG nationals in OH every August. Drove my 68 GS 2000 miles there and back in 2004, and should make it back in 2008 to Columbus this time. I'd love to make a couple trips every year, but it just isn't going to happen. But I AMhoping several of our OH area members will drive their Rivs to Columbus next year. If my 68 isn't ready for the trip(got some maintenance to do) I will drive the Riv instead, and get it down the strip a few times.
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 4:54 pm

I live in Grafton, MA but I know how long of a drive it is to Six Flags in Agawam. Google Map says 1hr and 16 mins. Not bad but it would be better if it was in Woodstock,CT. That's like a half hour from me.

I don't think I'll make it but thank's for the offer.

Even though our Buicks last forever I don't like to be too far away from home base if something were to go wrong. Like what happened to me and my brakes in Oct. $700 later. And I was only in Rhode Island.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 5:05 pm

Well I will be going... smile

Andy I would encourage you to come . You get to meet a bunch of members that mod 3800 powered cars.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyMon Dec 03, 2007 5:48 pm

Andy..I have nearly every part possible, the tools to do the work.. and the parts stores with commercial pricing to back that up. C'mon.. I go to NED frequently enough.
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 am

What were the dates again? Summer, right.

Hmmm, we'll see. If I can contact some local Rivi's around here I might be able to start a caravan of Rivs.

They've been popping up a lot recently since the Racera got it's new paint.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyTue Dec 04, 2007 10:57 am

Don't forget this event:
https://rivperformance.editboard.com/clubs-group-meets-f17/international-meet-of-the-riviera-owners-association-2008-t1549.htm
It might be a bit far for New England but worth the trip. thumbsup
It is in June also, the last week as always.
For more info go to:
http://www.rivowners.org/
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Jan 17, 2008 9:12 am

For some reason I just saw this thread... I'm just north of Boston where I93 crosses I95 and my garage is open most weekends. I'll help anybody with anything... I have all the tools, a PowerTunr and a pulley puller to boot. I love fixing brakes and other menial crap that some places charge a fortune for but I'll help out with darn near anything. My preference is to mentor people to do the work themselves and I'll just guide...

Tomorrow night (1/18/08) I will be installing the transmission in my car but I already have a big crew of people coming over to 'help'.

Not exactly CT but not too far away either. I've been down to a few meets in CT, a few years back Intense actually came out to a meet with ConnClubGP for an Intense Mod Day which was a lot of fun. Everybody from Intense came out with a huge trailerload of goodies and they must have installed like 8 sets of rockers and a jillion other things that day. It was a 2 hr drive for me to get there but so good to meet all those guys.

Anyway, I also forumize at www.nepontiac.org, it's our home stomping ground. Lots of good local people there.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 8:35 am

Bump as a reminder...
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 12:10 pm

broken link in first post?
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:15 pm

Fixed up. thanks Derek!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 1:35 pm

Quote :
You are browsing Northeast Bonneville Club Forums as a guest. Only the first post of every topic can be viewed, and search is disabled. Log in or register to access these additional features, and to start posting!

afraid sad
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 2:50 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Quote :
You are browsing Northeast Bonneville Club Forums as a guest. Only the first post of every topic can be viewed, and search is disabled. Log in or register to access these additional features, and to start posting!

afraid sad

Register and log in .... you know you should be a member! Oldsman is.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England EmptyThu Apr 24, 2008 10:59 pm

yeah yeah when I get around to it. Now another forum I need to keep track of... not enough on line time in the day!

Too many forums.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

CT and New England Empty
PostSubject: Re: CT and New England   CT and New England Empty

Back to top Go down

CT and New England
Page 1 of 1