Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Dome lights stay on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mds66801
Special

Merit : 0

Dome lights stay on Empty
PostSubject: Dome lights stay on   Dome lights stay on EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 12:00 am

Recently I had an issue with my 90 riviera dome lights staying on. Also at the same time the radio that used to stay on until a door is open shuts off with the key. I first thought that it may be a door sensor but it doesn't show door ajared. I checked the relay under the back seat for the dome lights and it is engaged/charged at all times. What controls the dome light/radio cutoff? Could it be a door switch? I unplugged to ones on the drivers door and it made no difference. The interior lamp switch is off as is all the map light switches. Where would be a good place to start? hammer
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: Dome lights stay on   Dome lights stay on EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 12:20 am

chekc for a place in the bundle of wires that goes thru the door jamb into the door, where he wires flx, for scraped-thru insulation.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
mds66801
Special

PostSubject: Re: Dome lights stay on   Dome lights stay on EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 8:38 pm

No bare wires everything looks good.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Dome lights stay on   Dome lights stay on EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 8:46 pm

I would suspect the door switch. You did check the dash lamp brightness adjuster, right? It's not all the way over to the dome light position?
Back to top Go down
mds66801
Special

PostSubject: Re: Dome lights stay on   Dome lights stay on EmptySat Jan 05, 2008 10:12 pm

It's not the lamp brightness adjuster as that was the first thing I checked. As for the door switch it has the ones built into the door latch setup. I unplugged the harness in the drivers door and the light was still on, I will try the passenger side tomorrow morning. Also if the door switch wire was shorted wouldn't it say the door is ajar?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dome lights stay on   Dome lights stay on Empty

Back to top Go down

Dome lights stay on
Page 1 of 1