Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Rear end jumps around over bumps.

Go down 
+7
AA
ibmoses
deekster_caddy
albertj
Buillac
turtleman
SupersportSteve
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
greg_anderson_78

Name : Greg
Merit : 0

Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear end jumps around over bumps.   Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 13, 2009 12:59 pm

maybe this has already been covered or I'm not understanding the situation right but have you checked out all your hardware like control arm bushings. I suppose the goodyear guy should have verified all of your equipment was in proper condtion when he worked on it. I took my car in last year to get an alignment when i got new tires and the shop wouldnt do the work because my control arm bushings were shot, you cant make a alignment with broken parts in the car it dosent hold, that fixed my problem...
Back to top Go down
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

Name : Samuel
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: Rear end jumps around over bumps.   Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2009 7:13 pm

I myself confirmed everything was fine and Good Year couldn't find anything wrong either. I made sure to press the issue as to cover my ass. I haven't hooked the compressor back up just yet but I did however lower the whole rear end by letting most of the air out of the shocks and it does seem to be doing better, although I don't like the look of the butt end riding low! I am in Florida on Clearwater Beach and will be back next Sunday and have plans to tackle it then.

rock
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/theacetomato
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

PostSubject: Rear end jumping around.   Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 11:55 am

I know a while back I had mentioned that my back tires were jumping around. Just to update, I have had two alignments, hooked the ride leveling system back up and made sure the pressure in the tires was good. After all this I was still having the same issue. I took my car to a friends house last night and we had some interesting discoveries. Looking at the readings from the last alignment which was done two weeks ago, It seems like I got screwed twice. Where they claim to have adjusted the front and rear end there is no evidence that a nut or bolt or anything was moved recently. This is probably why my car rides like shit! I feel like I am going to tip over every time I go around a corner. We also checked the body mount in the back drivers side and it seemed a little too sloppy for both of our liking. Tomorrow I am going to the local college where the machine they train techs on will be available for me to use. I am quite confident that it will be calibrated correctly and we should get some accurate readings. I will keep everyone updated as to what we find from here on out.

scratch
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Rear end jumps around over bumps.   Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:21 pm

Samuel, how many miles are on the car? Have you replaced the front struts ever?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
rivparadise
Fanatic
rivparadise

PostSubject: Re: Rear end jumps around over bumps.   Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 09, 2009 10:03 am

Sorry it took so long to get back. I replaced the front struts with KYB at 65,000. I now have 102,000 on the clock. I went and had my friend who is a Hunter Rep in the area take the car to the training center and put it on the machine there. It was way out and he dialed it in as much as he could but for sure I am going to need a shim at least on the drivers side. We are going to do bearings ion the back this weekend and will put the shims in then. He has all the readings from the last alignment so we have everything we will need for compensation. The car already handles better and no longer flies around in the back. Once I get the new bearings in and some new sneakers I think I'll be ok.

('happy')
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rear end jumps around over bumps.   Rear end jumps around over bumps. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rear end jumps around over bumps.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Brakes & Suspension-
Jump to: