Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

SCOE-10X Odor Remover

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

Merit : 105

SCOE-10X Odor  Remover Empty
PostSubject: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptyTue Apr 22, 2008 8:32 pm

I tried SCOE-10X today, to my amazement this stuff actually works. I've had a huge problem with mice getting in and pissing and shitting my car up. They even made a nest in my car cover. Normally you can not get rid of mouse smell without gutting the interior and installing a new interior. I got SCOE-10X's starter kit to determine if it worked and, if it did, how far it goes. The stuff is pricey. It doesn't go very far. There was enough in the starter kit to do the spare tire cover, the spare tire well, the container the jack sits in, the plastic nut and brace that hold the jack down, and the corner where the nest was.

Before, the smell of my open trunk wasn't bad enough to knock you down, but you'd back up from it and go elsewhere. Now, with the trunk only half done, I can stick my head in and breathe the air. There's still mouse smell, but the trunk's only half done.

If you're having an odor problem in your car (or anywhere), I'd recommend trying this stuff. It's not a bad idea to get the starter kit, even if you know you'll need more. You have to dilute SCOE-10X. If you have the bottles in the starter kit, you don't have to worry about getting the ratio right as they are sized for each other.
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:11 am

Quote :
I've had a huge problem with mice getting in and pissing and shitting my car up.

How the hell did they get in?

You know what I find is kind of interesting... my car had a "different owner" smell to it. Kinda smelled like old people or something. So if I'm driving it regularly, I can't smell it when I get in. But if I don't drive it for a few days, I get in there and it smells just like it used to. Old people.

I know, I know... I'm probably just getting used to the smell when I drive it regularly. But it seriously seems like that smell flares up when I leave the car to sit for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptySun May 11, 2008 4:16 am

Fortunately the only smell my car has is of leather cleaner (Love the smell of it). Otherwise I dont' put smelly stuff in my car. Air freshners just get on my nerves, I generally don't want my car to smell like anything but car (Whatever that smell is).

Seriously though Jack, what is it with you and your Riv? First you had the birds attacking your car and now you have rodents getting in and peeing all over everything. Where do you leave your Riv!? Next you're going to find homeless people in your trunk or something lol
Back to top Go down
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptySun May 11, 2008 1:24 pm

When you live in the country you deal with wildlife. That's all there is to it.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptySun May 11, 2008 2:28 pm

Jack can't help it, the animals just come...

SCOE-10X Odor  Remover AceVentura2

Good to know about this stuff. Where did you get it, and how much?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Jack the R
Master
Jack the R

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptySun May 11, 2008 10:22 pm

AA wrote:

Good to know about this stuff. Where did you get it, and how much?

Change your link color, and all will be revealed.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptyWed May 14, 2008 10:30 am

Buapo - to get rid of that 'old pople' smell you need to vacuum really well with a wet/dry then steam clean -

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Buapo
Addict
Buapo

Name : Ben
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptyWed May 14, 2008 1:31 pm

Don't have a steam cleaner... expensive?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:18 pm

Rent one, cheap. Or use a rented one, can rent at many grocery and neighborhood stores,

Or borrow one...

Or use one of the $150 or less shampooers from Wal-Mart,
less than $120 each.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover EmptyWed May 14, 2008 2:57 pm

They usually rent them at Walgreens and CVS (I assume other drug stores as well). I believe that Lowes and Home Depot also rent them. Not sure on the price but it is just a rental. Honestly you should really have one, unless you have no carpet in your house.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SCOE-10X Odor Remover   SCOE-10X Odor  Remover Empty

Back to top Go down

SCOE-10X Odor Remover
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: