Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Riv videos

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

Riv videos Empty
PostSubject: Riv videos   Riv videos EmptySun May 25, 2008 10:47 pm

I've got a request, can someone shoot a video who has a totally stock air intake, one with a gutted (I can provide this one), one with a CAI (I believe 98riv's yielded the biggest difference over factory IIRC) and one with a FWI. I'd like to see the different levels of S/C whine they produce. I know it may not be the easiest, but it'd be best if everyone had this is their only real mod (Not headers, cam, exhaust, etc.). I think this would help everyone determine the amount of S/C whine they want to hear in their car and decide which type of air intake they want to go with.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Riv videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riv videos   Riv videos EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:41 pm

What's the difference between a CAI and an FWI? They are the same thing.

IMO going after the whine... that's very... ricer... Kind of like putting a fart can exhaust on. The goal of a gutted airbox is to reduce your IAT and make freer airflow. The noise is an unnecessary side effect. I'm guessing that a gutted airbox can flow as much as a 4" FWI for most of our applications. A GenV blower with cam and larger TB might be able to outflow a gutted airbox but I'd have to see some airflow test results to figure that out.
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

Riv videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riv videos   Riv videos EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:49 pm

But the supercharger sounds so nice, there's no way it's a ricer thing to make it more noticable!!!
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

Riv videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riv videos   Riv videos EmptyMon May 26, 2008 12:53 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
What's the difference between a CAI and an FWI? They are the same thing.

IMO going after the whine... that's very... ricer... Kind of like putting a fart can exhaust on. The goal of a gutted airbox is to reduce your IAT and make freer airflow. The noise is an unnecessary side effect. I'm guessing that a gutted airbox can flow as much as a 4" FWI for most of our applications. A GenV blower with cam and larger TB might be able to outflow a gutted airbox but I'd have to see some airflow test results to figure that out.

I am not interested in whine but am interested in increased air flow, performance and fuel mileage.

Bert
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Riv videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: Riv videos   Riv videos Empty

Back to top Go down

Riv videos
Page 1 of 1