Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave Empty
PostSubject: FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave   FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave EmptyFri May 30, 2008 10:05 pm

Maybe youse guys can help.
My 95PA has a power antennae that works(goes up and down) but the FM reception is way lousy. I mean it wont pick up nearly as good as the other vehicles I have. scratch
I have already inspected the connector that attaches at the antennae and made sure it is seated properly.

If I could find a male to male adapter I would try one of those "amplified antennas that mount in the back window.
Anybody have a link to how to take the dash apart enough to get my meatbeaters joy up in there far enough to pull replace the connector for the antennae at the radio...

Not ready to go to satellite radio yet, I dont travel that much.

Thanks for any tips.

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave   FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave EmptySun Jun 01, 2008 10:13 pm

MOVED TO AUDIO & ELECTRONICS

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave   FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 6:01 pm

I picked up a Female Motorola to Female Motorola adapter at the local car audio store. Got a amplified FM Antennae at Advance.
Crawled into the trunk and found a perfect place in the metal shelve that is under the area below the back window(see pic). Lower left corner of pic.
FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave Picture_0702

Used a screwdriver to poke a hole for the cable/ground. Fed the wires through the hole and routed them behind the sail panel and behind the trunk liner to make it look as neat as possible.
Used one of the crimp on scab type splice connectors on the green wire from the power antennae to supply the power for the amplified antennae. Grounded the amplified antennae at the same location as the power antennae.
Very simple job. banana

Took two beers time. drunk

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
Dj Brady
Enthusiast

Name : Brady
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave   FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 10:07 am

lol... well, congrats on the clean install, but does it work better now?? smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.328studios.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave   FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave Empty

Back to top Go down

FM Radio reception problem in a 95 Park Ave
Page 1 of 1