Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!

Go down 
+11
DEMonte1997
Mr.Riviera
xxxneeduwhenicry
millerje18
Shintsu
AA
IBx1
albertj
1998 Riv
T Riley
dreww
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
KnottyEagle
Fanatic
KnottyEagle

Name : Daymon
Merit : 3

Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:14 pm

I'm having trouble finding out what exactly the part number is for the seat adjuster, or what It's even called on the parts number list.

I'm looking here: https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t7618-faq-the-holy-grail-of-riviera-part-numbers-diagrams#118520
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:18 pm

I can almost guarantee you're going to need to hit a junkyard or eBay for the switch. There are a few on eBay right now but they're a bit pricey. A junkyard might give them to you for next to nothing.
Back to top Go down
KnottyEagle
Fanatic
KnottyEagle

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:29 pm

Now I'm faced with the problem that if I do find a switch, how do I install it? I'm a small person, but there's no way my hand and arm can fit underneath the seat to do anything. I can't move the seat and take it out of the car like I originally planned so that I could clean it.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: temp   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 8:42 pm

The switch actually comes out of the side of the seat. There should be 2 screws on the plastic panel around the switches. Then it all just pulls out. I hope we're talking about the same thing here....
Back to top Go down
KnottyEagle
Fanatic
KnottyEagle

PostSubject: temp   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:13 pm

That's correct as far as I can tell. Now, assuming I can find a seat adjuster at the junkyard, how do I go about getting the seat moved up so I can access the two bolts at the rear of the seat? I think I may be able to get to one right now, but there's not a chance I can get the bolt closest to the driver door.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 02, 2014 10:19 pm

You can try hotwiring the seat motor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!   Nooooo!!!  Broken Seat Switch!!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nooooo!!! Broken Seat Switch!!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2