Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv

Go down 
+3
AA
rivwilly107
Blown_99_Riviera
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Blown_99_Riviera
Amateur

Name : Kevin
Merit : 0

new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv Empty
PostSubject: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 5:54 pm

i have a blue 99 riviera with 130k on the dash and i have a magnaflow high flow 3" cat and 180 degree drilled thermostat and a 4" fwi with 7" k&n cone filter on it and msd 8.5 mm wiresi want to doa pcm upgrade and a 3.4" modular pulley and plugs. i was going to go to intense and get there pcm and 3.4" mps and buy my pulley puller from zzp because ive used theres and like it better and i was going to get autolite AP104's because thet are a platinum plug and tend to get a few more miles out of them i was just wondering if anyone likes another companies pcm or mps better and i mainly want to kno is [b]Where the hell is the pcm on my 99 riv ?[b] i havent really looked but to notice its not under the hood and i want some guidance on where that is and just get everyones opinions on a pcm mps and plugs and i was wondering if i need any other supporting mods thanks for the info in advance- Kevin
Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

Name : Jim

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:25 pm

Hello Kevin , First off ,welcome to the forum!I Have pretty much just used Intense and ZZP.I bought my PCM from Intense.The PCM on our Rivs is under the sound dampening panel below the glove box.No need to remove the glove box just a few screws on the lower panel and wa-la, should see the PCM.Todd at Intense helped me alot on this. Good Luck! JIM
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 6:30 pm

Kevin, welcome.

We have the answers to your questions, here are a few links that should help you:

Modding 101

SC Pulley Size

Spark Plugs & Wires

Tuning the PCM

The PCM is located under the dash, behind the glove box. Good luck and hope you enjoy the forums.

AA

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:05 pm

Welcome! The Intense PCM was one of my earlier mods as well. A very nice upgrade but you should be interested in a good scanner or even your own tuner...
Back to top Go down
Blown_99_Riviera
Amateur

Name : Kevin

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyMon Jun 30, 2008 7:34 pm

i forgot to mention i also have a aeroforce interceptor scan guage and a car scanner my family has 3 supercharged cars and we looked into getting a tuner and we figuerd it would be better to just buy the pcms pre tuned
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyWed Jul 02, 2008 8:06 pm

welcome to the site
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyThu Jul 03, 2008 3:49 pm

If you are going to buy 3 PCMs you should learn how to tune instead!! It's not that tough...
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyFri Jul 04, 2008 10:39 am

I agree. You should get your own tuner. Best purchase I've made to date.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 4:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum thumbsup
I don't do much modding on mine but, Welcome anyway!
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv   new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv Empty

Back to top Go down

new guy here to ask some questions about modding my riv
Page 1 of 1