Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New to The Riviera Performance scene

Go down 
+3
rivwilly107
Mr.Riviera
Gariv95
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gariv95
Special

Name : Marcus
Merit : 0

New to The Riviera Performance scene Empty
PostSubject: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:45 pm

Evening all I recently purchased a 1995 buick riviera with s/c. I've already gutted the air box and went with a k&n panel filter. as well as 180 degree T-stat.
I love the car; I was a die hard vw fanatic, Then I saw the riv she looked all sleek and sexy. I knew I had to have her. I call her "Big Sexy" she is white with blue leather interior. She has a little over 131K on her odo. Any riv owners in the Tampa Fl area? where are all the meets at?
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:48 pm

welcome! i'm not in tampa, but there are lots of car meets/races in that area. i'm just east of you in orlando btw.

Back to top Go down
rivwilly107
Enthusiast
rivwilly107

Name : Jim

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 9:59 pm

Welcome Gariv95. This is truly a great forum.There is a lot to be learned from these guys.I agree ,the riv is very seductive!
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptySun Jul 06, 2008 10:34 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 8:27 am

Welcome to the forum Gariv95! cheers
This is where the most comprehensive info can be found for your Riv!
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
Gariv95
Special

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 3:21 pm

Thanks for making me feel all welcome. I was wondering what I need to do to keep her boosting normally? It seems like when she shifts into 2nd that the boost cuts out a lil bit.
Back to top Go down
jax95riv
Aficionado
jax95riv

Name : Jack
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 5:25 pm

Welcome to the site! "Cuts out a lil, huh"...I'd change the plugs and plug wires. I run Autolite 605's in mine. You might seafoam the engine too. Those are cheap things to do also.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/468780
Gariv95
Special

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptyMon Jul 07, 2008 5:52 pm

Hey Thanks I seafoamed the engine about two weeks ago. lol nothing like a little smoke. I will try that next.
I appreciate that.
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene EmptyWed Jul 09, 2008 4:41 pm

Welcome to the Forum thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New to The Riviera Performance scene   New to The Riviera Performance scene Empty

Back to top Go down

New to The Riviera Performance scene
Page 1 of 1