Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

GTP help???

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
'96reese
Fanatic

Name : Reese
Merit : 4

GTP help??? Empty
PostSubject: GTP help???   GTP help??? EmptyTue Jul 22, 2008 10:57 pm

this is the deal....my friend has a 99 gtp. the belt for the m 90 is not there because she pulled it off due to a pulley breaking off. she's been driving it like this for a month now. my question is would the belt not being on the m90 would this cause the car to suddenly cut off while gas is being applied? now at normal idle in park it's fine. when its in gear with gas applied it shuts off.

now she also had a new battery put in a week ago when this happened, thinking it was the battery. she also told me that she had a new fuel pump installed about 2 months ago.

now im thinking that she might not have the right amount of fuel pressure, due to the shop not replacing the fuel filter. And, by the battery being replaced the memory for the pcm was erased, so the pcm reverted back to when the car was brand new. therefore the pcm did not have enough time to recognize that the m90 is not hooked up, thus the air/fuel mixture is not correct which would cause the car to shut off. with that said butler did with the cadle stick in bedroom. clap

so pretty much i need sum help. i dont a have fuel pressure gauge to test the fuel, and i dont have the new gm cartidge for my old snap-on block scanner.
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

GTP help??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: GTP help???   GTP help??? EmptyWed Jul 23, 2008 7:26 am

I doubt it has anything to do with the battery. GP's are known for issues like this with ignition switches. Very odd and tough to explain...but I've heard about the common issues. Give this post a try at 3800Pro if you are looking for a larger GP population with experience about the ign switches etc. They will have a better understanding of the car.
Back to top Go down

GTP help???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: