Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Help finding a vanity plate

Go down 
+6
charlieRobinson
ibmoses
99Rivman
AA
Supercharged
Shintsu
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shintsu
Expert

Name : Shintsu
Merit : -16

Help finding a vanity plate Empty
PostSubject: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 4:50 pm

I swear I thought I saw someone on here (although it might have been a Riv on ebay) that had a vanity plate that was black and had Riviera written in the same script as it is on the side of the car on the front of it with the letters written in shiny chrome. Does anyone know where I can buy this plate or any plate that says Riviera on it? I found a lot that say Buick but I don't want to advertise that because it's cooler for people to mistake the car for other makes.

I did find this which I may go for as it could work:
Link

Heh, this would just be fun but I feel like anyone who knows who makes my car would look at me like a poser...
Link

Anyone have anything else they can recommend? I'm just tired of looking at the blank front plate holder on my car since I don't want to take it off I might as well put something there.
Back to top Go down
Supercharged
Addict
Supercharged

Name : Blake
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:03 pm

that gs plate is bad....may i have to buy that for my brothers regal GS?
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 5:41 pm

I normally don't go for the acting like your car is something it isn't but even though it's not a GS, the Riviera was at one time a GS and as far as anyone knows this one could be and it just may not say it on the outside. Regardless it's just a vanity plate so it's different than sticking badges on the car itself and I still don't think it'd be as bad as someone in a four banger Fox body sticking 5.0 badges on it (Seen this done) or six banger Camaros putting on Z28 badges (Seen this too but not as much).

Besides, I said fast with class before I saw this plate and it fits the Riv so I don't see why not smile but I'd still prefer my Riviera plate if I can find one.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:34 pm

The ebay seller selling the GS plate sells Riviera plates from time to time. It's not the exact script from our Rivs, but it is the same as the older ones, and it is back and chrome. If you send them an email, they will put one up if they have any left.

Oh, kevin. Has your Riv always had buck teeth?

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

Name : Randall
Merit : 89

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 6:48 pm

Shintsu wrote:
I swear I thought I saw someone on here (although it might have been a Riv on ebay) that had a vanity plate that was black and had Riviera written in the same script as it is on the side of the car on the front of it with the letters written in shiny chrome. Does anyone know where I can buy this plate or any plate that says Riviera on it?

You might be thinking of this one?
Not a very good picture, enlarged from a 4MP camera, so not the best of quality!

Help finding a vanity plate 1010

It is a plate that the Riviera Owners Association sells, you can find contact info and purchase the plate at http://rivowners.org/clubcor.html, I guess you don't have to be a member to purchase one?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/99Rivman
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 7:36 pm

AA wrote:
The ebay seller selling the GS plate sells Riviera plates from time to time. It's not the exact script from our Rivs, but it is the same as the older ones, and it is back and chrome. If you send them an email, they will put one up if they have any left.

Oh, kevin. Has your Riv always had buck teeth?
What, are you talking about the two driving lights at the bottom? I've had those for several months now. Personally I liked the two big round ones that had that angel eyes effect (much brighter and bluer) but I didn't pay for either, my dad put these on for me. They're more like fog lights but I bumped something gutting the airbox and now the switch isn't working so they're just there for looks right now.

That's not really the one I'm thinking of, I was thinking of just that Riviera written out like it is on the side of our cars printed on a plate. That one could work though. I'll check and see about both, thanks guys!

Revision on that, I can't get that link you gave to work and I don't see where it has those on there. What category is it under on the side?

Last edited by Shintsu on Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 7:41 pm

Shintsu wrote:
I swear I thought I saw someone on here (although it might have been a Riv on ebay) that had a vanity plate that was black and had Riviera written in the same script as it is on the side of the car on the front of it with the letters written in shiny chrome. Does anyone know where I can buy this plate or any plate that says Riviera on it? I found a lot that say Buick but I don't want to advertise that because it's cooler for people to mistake the car for other makes.

I did find this which I may go for as it could work:
Link

Heh, this would just be fun but I feel like anyone who knows who makes my car would look at me like a poser...
Link

Anyone have anything else they can recommend? I'm just tired of looking at the blank front plate holder on my car since I don't want to take it off I might as well put something there.

Thats the tag I have on the front of my GS455 in the signature below, very cool.\
On your Riv I would recommend the one with the Buick Hawk on it.
http://oldbuickparts.net/license1.pdf

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 11:11 pm

I would go with that but it says Buick on it. I like how it doesn't say it anywhere on the outside. I was actually digging the tri-shield with chrome on the rest of the plate as well but as I said I'd prefer to not have the Buick logo or Buick written on the car. I like the mystery it makes the car have.

Oh and I checked on that plate AA, she said she doesn't have anymore. lol, she confused me with some dealer and said she might have a Nevada plate that says RIVIERA but that's it. I think I like the GS one more but I did find a guy who says he does custom plates and asked him if he could make one in the script of the Riviera font. I'm still hoping to hear back from him, otherwise I like the GS one the most unless anyone has any others they could recommend that don't say Buick. Perhaps something that was white would look good since it matches my car?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 pm

99Rivman wrote:
Shintsu wrote:
I swear I thought I saw someone on here (although it might have been a Riv on ebay) that had a vanity plate that was black and had Riviera written in the same script as it is on the side of the car on the front of it with the letters written in shiny chrome. Does anyone know where I can buy this plate or any plate that says Riviera on it?

Sorry, I’ll try this again:
It is a plate that the Riviera Owners Association sells, you can find contact info and purchase the plate at http://rivowners.org, Scroll over "All About the ROA" and click on "Club Merchandise". They are not pictured there though.
I guess you don't have to be a member to purchase one?
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 5:56 pm

Ah I see it now, thanks! Still unsure if I want to go for the GS one or actually joining the ROA. Do they have any special requirements or anything like an age requirement?
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 6:53 pm

Shintsu wrote:
Ah I see it now, thanks! Still unsure if I want to go for the GS one or actually joining the ROA. Do they have any special requirements or anything like an age requirement?
No requirements at all! thumbsup
An interest in the "Riviera by Buick" helps, but isn't even required!
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 9:43 pm

Sweet, for only $30 a year I'm thinking about signing up!
Back to top Go down
Shintsu
Expert

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 11:32 pm

The guy I emailed about making a custom plate replied back with these:
Spoiler:
What do you all think? Go with any of these or just go with the ROA one?
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Saw this old man on the way home from work today. He was driving ~15mph under the speed limit. It was hilarious.

Anyways, I think this would be AWESOME for our sleeper status cars. Zzzzzzzzzz

Help finding a vanity plate 20131110
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 7:56 pm

Stop making fun of old men tongue 
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:04 pm

This one is still available in OH:

Help finding a vanity plate Standard_blank

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
IFallsRon
Fanatic

Name : R.L.
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:05 pm

Good luck in North Dakota. Seems to be a requirement along with big belt buckle and cowboy hat.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:20 pm

SWEETRV or SWTRIV how many characters can you have?

QCKRIV
NICERV
VRYNIC
AWESOME
GBODY
SCHRGD
WHTISIT
NTAJAG
Back to top Go down
99Rivman
Aficionado
99Rivman

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:30 pm

We're allowed eight characters in NC, I'm thinking about a couple for mine ...

1OF88SCO ... for the '72 GS since it is one of the 88 with a special ordered paint color, SCO=Special Customer Order

1OF454LX ... for the "newest" '65 since it is one of the 454 with the 2/4bbl 425 that is "not" a GS, LX=the engine code

I have an AF Reserve plate on the "good" Silver Arrow but other than that just regular plates.

Just thinking about it so far but maybe one of these days?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:49 pm

NTARLLS?

When I was helping my cousin move their new neighbor thought it was a Rolls because of all the "R"s
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate EmptyFri Nov 01, 2013 8:58 pm

PLAYAH
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help finding a vanity plate   Help finding a vanity plate Empty

Back to top Go down

Help finding a vanity plate
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Exterior-
Jump to: