Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

emergency brake signal

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

Merit : 1

emergency brake signal Empty
PostSubject: emergency brake signal   emergency brake signal EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:03 am

for some reason whenever a get on the throttle a little more than usual my parking brake warning symbol beeps for a few seconds then goes away. Any help? Thanks
Back to top Go down
NO 4 EVR
Addict
NO 4 EVR

Name : Troy

PostSubject: Re: emergency brake signal   emergency brake signal EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 12:44 am

Happened on my 92 Bonneville before I bought it from my friend. Turned out the brake fluid resevoir was empty (or really really low). How did the brakes work you ask? I have no clue...
Back to top Go down
TonySmooth89
Aficionado
TonySmooth89

Name : Anthony
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: emergency brake signal   emergency brake signal EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 1:29 pm

Yeah more than likely your fluid is low. Happened to me a few months ago. The fluid would be the first thing i check if i were you.
Back to top Go down
Lucas
Enthusiast

PostSubject: Re: emergency brake signal   emergency brake signal EmptyFri Sep 05, 2008 1:55 pm

check your brake pads it might be time for a change, our ABS Sensors detect the metal edge that emits a squeek on other cars when its brake changing time, the closer the pad gets, the more frequent the brake light, untill its on steady. it will start out a WOT, then go off, and steadily you will notice it upon OD engaging, tuntill finally its on from start till finish, its really annoying, especially on a GP that goes " DING! DING! DING!" every time the light comes on, just imagine me going stop sign to stop sign.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/gesues
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: emergency brake signal   emergency brake signal Empty

Back to top Go down

emergency brake signal
Page 1 of 1