Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

driving in park

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

driving in park Empty
PostSubject: driving in park   driving in park EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 6:18 pm

I figured that the thread title would get some attention, but rest assured nothing really bad is happening.
so this is not really a problem, but I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of it happening:

When I take my car out to scan it, and I'm driving around with the scantool(Actron CP9145) plugged in, the digital part on the dash that indicates which gear you are in will suddenly switch to park after driving for 30 sec or so. Also the "Press brake to shift" light comes on. Now the tranny is still very much in drive, the car does nothing out of ordinary and drives fine. As soon as I disconnect the scan tool, 10-20 sec goes by and then things switch back to normal. Like i said, its no big deal, car works fine, all scans look normal, no engine lights or strange readings, the tool works fine, just "that" happens when the thing is connected. Wondered if anyone had heard of this happening?

Enthusiast
vendetta

Name : Nick
Merit : 0

driving in park Empty
PostSubject: Re: driving in park   driving in park EmptyFri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 pm

never heard of it....
Back to top Go down
Tank
Enthusiast
Tank

Name : Shawn
Merit : 1

driving in park Empty
PostSubject: Re: driving in park   driving in park EmptyTue May 11, 2010 10:50 pm

This is an old thread but when I was scanning my car while driving my brake to shift was on too lol. I thought something was wrong then I left class I seen it was gone. So yep I had the same thing happen haha
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

driving in park Empty
PostSubject: Re: driving in park   driving in park EmptyWed May 12, 2010 2:32 am

might be the scan tool. When I run the CarCode data logger scan tool while driving this does not happen to me. I use my laptop, the dongle Alex Peper sells, along with a serial cable. I don't watch the scanner while driving; I don't get any change in status of the shift indicator light.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

driving in park Empty
PostSubject: Re: driving in park   driving in park Empty

Back to top Go down

driving in park
Page 1 of 1