Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

wiring harness problem

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
brmcm15
brmcm15

Name : Brandon
Merit : 0

wiring harness problem Empty
PostSubject: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 8:10 pm

at least i think it is the wiring harness but some one told me that it could be my ground.

ok i checked my wiring harness with the sticky post of the wiring diagram and i am missing the remote turn on pin and the aux shield ground. Do i need these?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem EmptyTue Dec 02, 2008 8:50 pm

What is your problem? What year is your car?
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 3:09 pm

its a 97' and when i connect my harness to my radio wires my aftermarket headunit dosent turn on but my stock radio still works
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem EmptyWed Dec 03, 2008 7:39 pm

It depends how you sourced power for the aftermarket unit. Too many variables without knowing exactly what you did...

The remote turn-on is (I think) for the power antenna and can be used for an amp as well, it's an output. You need your power switch to be the 'key on' or 'acc' wire.

How is your aftermarket headunit wired up if you can still plug in the stock radio?
Back to top Go down
brmcm15
brmcm15

PostSubject: Re: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 4:31 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
It depends how you sourced power for the aftermarket unit. Too many variables without knowing exactly what you did...

The remote turn-on is (I think) for the power antenna and can be used for an amp as well, it's an output. You need your power switch to be the 'key on' or 'acc' wire.

How is your aftermarket headunit wired up if you can still plug in the stock radio?

that is what i was wondering....

do i need to move the wires around on my harness?

like u said should i match up the power switch to the acc wire and the remote will go to my amp.

is the power switch the only one that is different?
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

PostSubject: Re: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem EmptyThu Dec 04, 2008 9:59 pm

This should all be clear from the wiring on the harness adapter. At least on mine, all the wires were labelled appropriately and I just connected that to my aftermarket head, plus used the antenna lead for the amp signal. See my aftermarket head unit thread for all the details.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wiring harness problem   wiring harness problem Empty

Back to top Go down

wiring harness problem
Page 1 of 1