Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 Empty
PostSubject: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 3:26 pm

ok, so I got the N* throttle body on the way, and it states it comes with a LQ4 maf.

my powertuner has an import folder with LT1 and LS1 maf's already included so you just copy them into your bin when you tune for a new maf.

With either of those work for my N* with LQ4 maf? Or will I have to use the table on the ZZP website and put all the numbers in manually? PITA btw.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 4:10 pm

I think you can download the appropriate MAF table from ZZP. For example:

http://www.zzperformance.com/grand_prix/products1.php?id=190&catid=113

shows 'download MAF table for this' near the bottom of the description. Not sure which is the LQ4 though... ?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 4:22 pm

I'll being doing the same mod with the installation of the GEN V, I'll be adding the ZZP N* Kit and will need the same or similar tables. So if you come across something that works, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 5:27 pm

For my northstar/LQ4 install on my 97, the stock table is the only one that worked. The zzp supplied table won't even keep the car running and most of the other tables from other cars look much more like the LQ4 tables.

My suggestion would be don't even think about switching MAF sensors unless you are immediately able to tune it (not just import another table) as needed. With my factory MAF table, my car runs perfect in terms of drivability. Fuel trims are a bit farther off than with the stock sensor but not crazy. Until my laptop works again and I can tune it, I have timing pulled back about 6* and i can run it at WOT with zero KR.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 5:32 pm

If anyone needs it, I have for sale a new remote MAF sensor housing that the stock MAF sensor fits perfectly in but it mounts like an LQ4 sensor.

That would be useful to someone who wants to get the northstar or LS1 throttle body in but still use the same MAF sensor, that way you shoudn't have to tune anything.

$40 shipped if anyone ever needs it
Back to top Go down
dreww
Junkie
dreww

Merit : 9

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyWed Dec 31, 2008 6:55 pm

turtleman wrote:
For my northstar/LQ4 install on my 97, the stock table is the only one that worked. The zzp supplied table won't even keep the car running and most of the other tables from other cars look much more like the LQ4 tables.

My suggestion would be don't even think about switching MAF sensors unless you are immediately able to tune it (not just import another table) as needed. With my factory MAF table, my car runs perfect in terms of drivability. Fuel trims are a bit farther off than with the stock sensor but not crazy. Until my laptop works again and I can tune it, I have timing pulled back about 6* and i can run it at WOT with zero KR.

so are you saying the LQ4 table is similar to the stock table? Looking at the table on the zzp site and comparing it to the stock settings on my table, they dont look very similar to me. I guess "similar" is based on opinion though.

in theory, wouldnt a stock table (which is more aggresssive than the LQ4 table) cause the car to run rich? The more aggressive stock table would make the car think its getting more air than it really is, and adding more fuel than it needs.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2009 11:30 pm

All I know is when I used the table supplied by zzp, it was so rich it could barely get beyond a cough or two and the exhaust smelled like gasoline mad-core style after a few attempts at starting. Same results using tables from other sources.

dreww wrote:
so are you saying the LQ4 table is similar to the stock table?

No, the LQ4 table is not comparable to the stock table by any stretch. The LQ4 table's lowest g/s to hertz value starts off much higher than the stock table and ends at a value much higher than the program for my pcm can even recognize. The highest g/s value I could enter is something around 67 IIRC.

I searched around for threads on this issue and for more MAF tables and my finding is that nothing that should work works. My only theory is that I have a different factory tune to accomodate a different factory MAF sensor than zzp and apparently everyone else expects me to have. Factory MAF tables for GTP tunes i've looked at don't even seem to match mine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4   MAF:  LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4 Empty

Back to top Go down

MAF: LS1 vs. LT1 vs. LQ4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Scans, Tuning, PCM-
Jump to: