Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Another good article on forced induction

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

Another good article on forced induction Empty
PostSubject: Another good article on forced induction   Another good article on forced induction EmptyWed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 pm

dug up another of these links, really interesting... bunch of math, for those interested... if not, there are the main points in bold and nice pics

http://www.enginelogics.com/cmaps.html

intersting tidbit of the result of some of the math:
"At 15 psi boost with and an inlet temperature to the compressor of 70 deg F the theoretical outlet temperature is 227.53 deg F."

Aficionado

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: Another good article on forced induction   Another good article on forced induction EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 9:12 am

Couldn't find if I've posted this yet:
http://www.corvetteactioncenter.com/specs/c6/2009/zr1/blower.html

Great article on the dynamics of a Roots blower. Specifically about rotor timing, inlet duration, and cycles. It talks about the TVS, but also gives much reference(with pics) to the cycles and rotor timing for the "old" roots blowers. Useful, since even the TVS still follows the same general operation of a "roots".

Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Another good article on forced induction   Another good article on forced induction EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:06 pm

I read the article in the second post. It was great. However..... I disagree with the last sentiments where the TVS being quieter makes it a better blower. I like to hear the whine otherwise the SC becomes almost worthless to me. lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another good article on forced induction   Another good article on forced induction Empty

Back to top Go down

Another good article on forced induction
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General-
Jump to: