Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

Name : David
Merit : 0

Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 2:47 pm

Pulled out the driveway yesterday (WOT).....came to a stop and takein a glance in the rear veiw i see nuttin but white smoke afraid Well i started thinkin its the rings !!!! Great!!! Jus what i need .....well time for a S/C joy But then the more i looked at it i started to think it was coolant burning not oil so then i am like great i blew a head gasket !!! Then again i was thinkin it was runnin to good to be a head, i bet the plennum or the intake is leakin so i start tearing into it, and whala !!! Gaskets are shot !!!! shoot So i am doin the upper and lower intake gaskets along with the valve covers. Also while i have it apart i am gonna port and polish the intake hopefully that will give me a few ponys extra !!!
Back to top Go down
oldsman105
Junkie
oldsman105

Name : Enrique Patino
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 2:54 pm

remeber to change the oil so that the collant doesn't damage the main bearings.

for the LIM porting I have some links for you to read

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74427

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72403

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72094&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=lim+porting

http://www.bonnevilleclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73302&highlight=lim+porting
Back to top Go down
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

PostSubject: Re: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 9:25 pm

Oldsman105 thanks alot for the LIM links ,there sum good info there that i will be useing !!
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

PostSubject: Re: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! EmptySun Mar 25, 2007 11:06 pm

Appears to be a common problem with the N/A 3800s. Sorry to hear about your luck, David. Hope you get'er fixed in time for IDD.

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

PostSubject: Re: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 10:18 pm

Ok its done after 10 hours of fµ©️k with the LIM and UIM. Ported and polished the LIM,took 4 hours to do that. After 2 hours or so cleaning the parts. I recomend anyone doing this mod to take their sweet sweet time, specially if ur not experienced at this type of work.It was very time consuming and teidace(sp).And time i did not have cuz this is my daily driver..So i put it all back together with the two gasket sets, new 605 autolite plugs,new ign wires,new temp sensor,oil and antifreeze. Done ,right? Hell no its freakin leaking worse than before i started, thinkin maybe i screwed sumin up during install, i take it all back apart lookin for my mistake, find nadda in my work then BAMB !!!! Theres a damn whole in the UIM where the are cooling jackets for the T.B. where the E.G.R. tube goes thru !!! Parts store want 125 my cost so i say screw that i already have 150 in this thing and 2 days of time so i get some two part plastic apoxy and that fixs it after 5qts oil and filter takein plugs out and putin it all back together!! banana
Back to top Go down
gosloriv
Enthusiast
gosloriv

PostSubject: Re: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! EmptyTue Mar 27, 2007 10:27 pm

Here sum pics[img]Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! Picsofintake002[/img]Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! Picsofintake004[img][IMG]Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! Picsofintake012[/img]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!   Oh $h!† its smokein !!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Oh $h!† its smokein !!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   N/A 3800 Tech :: Series II N/A Engine, Transmission, PCM-
Jump to: