Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)

Go down 
+48
highwaywarrior
98riv
saintsnsinners
Bowersk
97 park ave
GreenMonster
robotennis61
RidzRiv
sealk
flyineagle96
jonly
Hometown Hero
DEMonte1997
jonnyb411
VJD2
Abaddon
crlombardi69
L67
BillBoost37
turtleman
palermocorey90
Buapo
Chicken
curious riv
Rickw
98RIV7777
1wickedninja
SToP
TonySmooth89
97rivsc
97rivman
ewolfe0050
Supercharged
1998 Riv
RhinoFLA
T Riley
jimmyriv
okiedrifter
Jack the R
Jason
racinfan
urbsnspices
AA
deekster_caddy
pwmin
oldsman105
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12
AuthorMessage
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Name : Tyler
Merit : 21

Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:33 pm

Abaddon wrote:
I could be wrong here, but that kit appears as if you can make TRUE dual exhaust with it. The rear header doesn't have a spot for the crossover, and the crossover is extended. The kit has 2 pieces with O2 bungs in them to give you options?
Either way, it sucks that you didn't get what you ordered...

The rear manifold doesn't have a spot for the crossover, that's why they were nice enough to send me that nice cheap y-pipe. One side of the Y goes to the rear manifold and the other side of the Y is where the crossover goes, pretty much how I have them layed in the pics. I can take another one with every piece in its place if you don't get what I'm saying.
Yea it really does suck that I'm the first person to have this happen when I have an s1x and top swap waiting to go in. Could be pullin it apart on my day off today but instead I got screwed on a set of headers.
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 12:37 pm

Looks like I'd need a 2 foot extension for the front O2 with how far away that first bung on the Y would be from the head.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:01 pm

Yep. I saw it. I was just saying....if you decide to use them, you caould actually fabricate true dual exhaust with it smile

I have a couple O2 extensions that I made if you need one. Just take a pic of your O2 plug and I can see if I have one (if you need it).
Back to top Go down
97 park ave
Addict
97 park ave

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2013 1:36 pm

Abaddon wrote:
Yep. I saw it. I was just saying....if you decide to use them, you caould actually fabricate true dual exhaust with it smile

I have a couple O2 extensions that I made if you need one. Just take a pic of your O2 plug and I can see if I have one (if you need it).

I may need it, I finally got a hold of someone there and sent the pictures to him in an email. I told him people on 3800pro are having to heat up the crossover and bend it so it fits and the guy I talked to said he wasn't aware of any changes being made to the headers but he will look into it.
Back to top Go down
highwaywarrior
Fanatic

Name : daryl
Merit : 2

PostSubject: temp   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Sooo, who is running the ss autochrome headers? I just looked at there site and they are cheap as f.... what else do I need besides exhaust gaskets?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

Name : Matt
Merit : 54

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyWed Jun 26, 2013 3:27 pm

Has anybody bothered with the P.S. Team/DT Moto ones on eBay? I'm assuming they're crap, but here's a couple links

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-08-PONTIAC-GRAND-PRIX-GTP-3-8L-SUPERCHARGED-STAINLESS-STEEL-HEADER-EXHAUST-/390595878194?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1997%7CMake%3APontiac%7CModel%3AGrand+Prix&hash=item5af1541d32&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/97-08-GRAND-PRIX-GTP-3-8L-SUPERCHARGE-STAINLESS-STEEL-HEADER-OXYGEN-SENSOR-BUNG-/130904939747?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1997%7CMake%3APontiac%7CModel%3AGrand+Prix&hash=item1e7a8adce3&vxp=mtr
Back to top Go down
bmcd9179
Fanatic
bmcd9179

Name : Bryson
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Zzp cheap headers (pacesetter)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 1:49 am

Hey guys I've been looking at these for quit awhile, I've read most of the exhaust forums and stuff, thought I would mention these, are they worth it, will it work for our cars?

http://shop.zzperformance.com/store/p/273-Pacesetter-Headers.aspx
Back to top Go down
96_Juggernaut
Fanatic
96_Juggernaut

Name : Todd Balestrini
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyThu Jan 02, 2014 2:31 am

Personally I have heard of some fitment issues with headers in general with the 96' Rivieras. I have seen a case of the flange hitting the plug that goes into the transmission ( different on the 97+ ). Even the ZZP headers have a disclamer at the bottom that says they are not recommended for the 4T60 transmissions. For that reason I might just end up going the Power log route.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

Name : Charlie
Merit : 31

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:40 pm

Which brand of headers have the biggest primary IDs?
~1.75"+ ID primaries? zzp? tog? slp?
I need to know what I need to be targeting. I dont want those 1-5/8" chinese daddies or whatever.
I see pacesetter has 1-3/4" IDs but they arent stainless?
Tryin ta flow some air here with longevity.
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:58 pm

http://www.gpona.com/forums/supercharged-3800-l67-l32-f16/headers-everything-you-need-to-know-t18458.html
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 pm

^^^ thanks, homie. Not sure how i missed this on my research run. Pretty much confirmed what I already was thinking. Pacesetter$ or ZZP$$$ for the 1.75" primaries. TOG Extremes are too rare to care about. They are purple level rare items, at least.

Thank you

Man, those ZZPs are so $$$ uber jealous of sir psycho sex's deal he got
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 11:36 pm

I would go with Pacesetters. The problem with ZZP/TOG headers is you need to buy a downpipe for them. I like the design of the Pacesetters over the SLP/SSAC ones because they still keep the long tubes on the rear manifold with a separate downpipe. Sure it adds one more potential spot for leaks, but flex pipe replacement in the future would be a million times easier and the initial fitment of the rest of the exhaust would be easier.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:36 am

charlieRobinson wrote:
TOG Extremes are too rare to care about. They are purple level rare items, at least.

Yeah i'd even say probably orange legendary item
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:40 am

matt270avian wrote:
I would go with Pacesetters. The problem with ZZP/TOG headers is you need to buy a downpipe for them. I like the design of the Pacesetters over the SLP/SSAC ones because they still keep the long tubes on the rear manifold with a separate downpipe. Sure it adds one more potential spot for leaks, but flex pipe replacement in the future would be a million times easier and the initial fitment of the rest of the exhaust would be easier.

Actually I'd have to concur very much with this. My SLP knock off flex section & v-band weld is failing and fixing it would be a pretty major problem whereas it'd be pretty easy with the pacesetter way.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:29 pm

Charlie, what are you building? Stage 3 heads and cam? 8,000 RPM? Why do you want such large primaries?
Back to top Go down
matt270avian
Expert
matt270avian

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 1:31 pm

If he gets the larger primaries he won't have to worry about them later on down the road, no matter how big he builds. Plus whatever he loses in backpressure he can make up with a pulley drop.
Back to top Go down
charlieRobinson
Expert
charlieRobinson

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 3:45 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
Charlie, what are you building? Stage 3 heads and cam? 8,000 RPM? Why do you want such large primaries?
Just looking for 1.75" ID primaries. I think they are middle of the road. Not looking for 2" or monster pipes.

From what i've read, there are gainz to be had with 1-3/4" over the 1-5/8". So, that's what im looking for.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)   Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.) - Page 12 Empty

Back to top Go down

Knock-Off Headers (Pace Setter, Autochrome, Chinese, eBay, etc.)
Page 12 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12