Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

Name : Codith
Merit : 140

If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... Empty
PostSubject: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 8:05 pm

It might look something like this...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No probably not but the black trim instead of the woodgrain is believable

That's most of what I've done for the interior. The only think not pictured is the regal GS shift knob with a functional perf. shift button

Most of what I've done is only because it was getting on my nerves for one reason or another. I hate steering wheel covers and my OEM steering wheel needed it. So I grabbed a Grant Challenger wheel from work and Rivified it a little bit. The woodgrain trim plate was chipping bad so instead of breaking my balls trying to find a used one in perfect shape (unlikely) I did what I wanted with it; same for the radio trim. The ZZP on the headrests was just something to add a little spice to it I guess.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:04 pm

What did you do for your ipod holder?
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptyThu Mar 26, 2009 11:33 pm

hey dude...did u take off the vents in the center console? ones right below the stereo...if so...howd u get them off
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:16 am

deekster_caddy wrote:
What did you do for your ipod holder?

The holder is a discontinued product of Belkin. It was a whole kit for fitting any ipod into a cupholder and some other stuff. I basically threw all that stuff away and just bolted the holder to an "L" shaped bracket which I then bolted to the dash underside trim. You wouldn't really think that it would be sturdy enough to hold an ipod i'm constantly jabbing at but it actually works perfect and it's in a very good location. I do have a post about it in a relating thread somewhere around here.
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 12:23 am

xxsupergman25xx wrote:
hey dude...did u take off the vents in the center console? ones right below the stereo...if so...howd u get them off

I haven't recently. I had one out long ago but I don't remember exectly how it comes out. I don't recall there being any particular trick to it. I think the vent its self just prys out? The whole vent trim piece comes out but you have to remove the whole dash face to get to the screws.

Unless the vent is damaged or something, there's really no reason to take it out. The whole section with the cig lighter and whatnot just pops right out below the vents and the radio above has nothing to do with the vents either. In case you're missing one of the grippy knobs on the vent, those can be pulled right off and on without removing the vent. If you need or have a replacement, be careful with the color. There are plenty out there that fit but are just a hair off the color. If you need to replace one, grab both from whereever you get the replacements from.
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptyFri Mar 27, 2009 1:59 pm

Im probably wrong. but is that a cop radar on top of the dash?
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 7:01 pm

millerje18 wrote:
Im probably wrong. but is that a cop radar on top of the dash?

It is. I've always had the radar. I tend to just feel a little bit naked without it.
Back to top Go down
millerje18
Enthusiast
millerje18

Name : Jordan
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 8:48 pm

nice riv by the way lol. i need one, im tired of paying speeding tickets. Do they really help? And do you know if they pick up undercover cops?
Back to top Go down
turtleman
Expert
turtleman

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 9:58 pm

millerje18 wrote:
nice riv by the way lol. i need one, im tired of paying speeding tickets. Do they really help? And do you know if they pick up undercover cops?

thanks

With the radar detectors, they can help. They do nothing more than inform you that a certain bands are in range of you. The "K" or "Ka" bands are almost always a police speed radar band or another radar band from a "this is your speed" sign and the like. The most useful times for a radar seem to be when you are in mild traffic on a good stretch of road where a police car is parked and waiting for a speeder or even a police car that's just driving along with his radar on. In that instance, it tells you a police car is probably getting close to you (so be cool). The highway is supposed to be a good place for radar detectors but I personally find more often that the radar simply tells you several seconds ahead of time that you're screwed (as you drive along and see a "Lazer" band suddenly appear). That basically means that the statey is locked on to you and about to fly behind you and pull you over. If you know you were being naughty, you might as well just pull over right away and give them an easier time.

Overall It's hard to say exactly how effective a radar detector is at helping one avoid tickets. Yes, it definitely helps to be more tactful in your misbehaving behind the wheel but the downsides are also evident. Cops do not like to see radars in the car if you do get pulled over for any reason and may feel inclined to give you a harder time about whatever when they see it, even if it is legal in your state.

One piece of advice I would offer is if you do decide to get one, don't spend too much on one. There are some out that cost a fat buck but In my experience, they don't really do any better than a basic one. As long as it's not old as rocks and has the 11 or more bands, you're good.

To answer you other question, undercover cops use the same stuff. The radar will react the same as with a marked car.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptySat Mar 28, 2009 11:26 pm

I found I got a lot of tickets in the days when i drove with a radar detector, and less tickets after I got rid of it - My theory being that I paid more attention to traffic and details after getting rid of it, and having found that the detector was more like a "Hey Guess What You Are Going To Get Pulled Over Now!" alert...
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 5:00 am

Lookin good
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...   If there was an 8th gen Riv GS... Empty

Back to top Go down

If there was an 8th gen Riv GS...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: