Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lyonsperformance
Enthusiast
lyonsperformance

Name : Michael
Merit : 0

LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t! Empty
PostSubject: LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t!   LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t! EmptySat Apr 11, 2009 3:19 pm

so i finally did the rear brakes on the rivi, today, and i notced that i was getting crap power through the 1000-3000 RPM range.

I started looking around the engine compartment and noticed the overflow tank was full of the dreaded "BROWN COOLANT" headbutt which is almost a sure fire sign of horrible things like blown head gaskets, and soon to be dead motors.

so i used a pressure tester and pumped it up and it slowly lost pressure which veryfies a leak somewhere, so i grabbed a light an noticed that there was coolant pooling below the supercharger. figuring its the LIM gasket.

How bad is it if it is this gasket?

Also get this I baught the damn car with a penn warranty and i took it to the dealer because it supposed to be covered bumper to bumper, and my dealer tells me that I was supposed to get mail confirmation in the mail that my $1800.00 warranty is valid, and guess what......NO SUCH CONFIRMATION AFTER 9 MONTHS. so now hes unsure as to wether or not i even filled it out. and hes talking about "oh ill fill a new one out but you cant get it fixed for 3 weeks'', what the hell kind of crap is that?

I work for a HUGE law firm that loves cases like this. im thinking about suing? WWYD? poop
Back to top Go down
98riv

Merit : 30

PostSubject: Re: LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t!   LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:24 pm

The LIM isn't too bad, just takes some time. Do a search on this forum for some tips.

Fanatic

Name : The Josh
Location : Somewhere between Sullivan and Saint Peters Missouri.
Merit : 2

PostSubject: Re: LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t!   LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t! EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 11:13 pm

If there is anything in the contract you signed about the mailed confirmation, then you're screwed. However, you can use the fact that they told you to wait 3 weeks to get the repair against them. That is fraud. The reason the warranty company wont cover anything for three weeks, is to make sure they're not paying for preexisting conditions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t!   LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t! Empty

Back to top Go down

LIM Gasket and Dealer Horse S%#t!
Page 1 of 1