Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

speedometer troubles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jase386
Amateur

Name : donovan
Merit : 0

speedometer troubles Empty
PostSubject: speedometer troubles   speedometer troubles EmptySun May 10, 2009 1:30 am

have a 95 Riv, supercharged, (not that i think it would matter) but the speedometer has stopped, what are some of the causes of this, so i can try to chase it down. this car has 335,000 miles onit and still kicking, except the speedo.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: speedometer troubles   speedometer troubles EmptySun May 10, 2009 9:27 am

It's an electric gauge, takes a signal from the computer, so as long as the car is still shifting normally, it's probably the gauge itself. If your shift points have gone all haywire, it could be the vehicle speed sensor.

Unfortunately, swapping the gauge panel is not a simple undertaking. It's a full day job.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: speedometer troubles   speedometer troubles EmptySun May 10, 2009 10:52 am

WOW! 335.000miles! well thats impressive.

but anserw for ur problem i dont have yet...i truy to find from the repear manual.
Back to top Go down
Mr.Riviera
Expert
Mr.Riviera

Name : Matthew
Merit : 101

PostSubject: Re: speedometer troubles   speedometer troubles EmptyMon May 11, 2009 12:34 am

i have a spare cluster if you need one. i'm not sure what year it was from (or if they are interchangeable) and i dont know the miles on it. you could probably just swap out the single gauge though.
i'm not looking to make much off it, just cover shipping plus a few bucks for packaging. send me a pm and i'll go pull it out of my attic smile

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: speedometer troubles   speedometer troubles Empty

Back to top Go down

speedometer troubles
Page 1 of 1