Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!!

Go down 
+4
1998 Riv
deekster_caddy
xxsupergman25xx
texasfan010
8 posters
AuthorMessage
texasfan010
Enthusiast
texasfan010

Merit : 1

Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!!   Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:11 am

okay so earlier today i got on it a little bit and i noticed that my "service engine soon" light was flashing on and off, then it just stayed on. So i parked my car and let it cool down for a few hours. I started my engine and drove it around, the "service engine soon" light was still on. I got on it a few more times just to get a feel for what may be wrong. Under somewhat hard acceleration my car starts making a loud "purring" noise(dont know how to describe it). i looked under the hood to find nothing visibly wrong. I have a 4" PVC intake, i thought it may be that or hopefully my plugs arent firing of something cheap. Im really worried about my car. Its my only means of transportation, and im currently jobless so i dont have money to fix it. Please help if you have any idea what this may be. Thanks
Back to top Go down
xxsupergman25xx
Aficionado
xxsupergman25xx

Name : Scotty
Merit : 13

PostSubject: Re: Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!!   Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 1:23 am

wow man..sounds near the same thing that happened to me. except mine was shiftin wrong. i have no job...and know 0 people down here that could help.

all i know is sum1 posted somethign the other day about flashing service light is that it means immediate attention. good luck man. sorrry.
Back to top Go down
http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/xxsupergman25xx/
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!!   Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 10:12 am

Get the code read. Probably a misfire.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!!   Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:10 am

Depending on the model year of your Riv (PLEASE ADD THIS INFO TO YOUR SIGNATURE!!!), most auto parts stores will read the codes for free and give you the info. Report back when you have more details.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!!   Really worried about my car, NEED HELP!!!! EmptyTue Jun 23, 2009 11:24 am

well...sounds like something what has happened to my car TWICE!

1st time
was the fault of wires (missfire in one cylinder)
2nd time was the coil (missfire in two cylinders)

whit 1 cylinder off..it still accelarates but vibrates like this:
thats what mine did.