Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PCweber
Special

Name : Phil Weber
Merit : 1

What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) Empty
PostSubject: What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)   What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:58 am

Are the suspension parts the same from Aurora to Riviea? Reason I ask is the local U- Pull It has like 6-10 Aurora's at any one time and maybe 1 Riviera once a year. Am wondering if rear air suspension items are interchange items, etc?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)   What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:26 am

PC,
I'm not 100% sure, but I do believe the control units are the same.
The pump has a different mounting arrangement.
If you need new rear air shocks I highly recommend that you buy new as opposed to buying junk yard used as they are not that expensive if you buy the Monroe substitutes.
The P/N's for those are on this site.
Just do a search for rear shocks and/or look in the part number listing also on this site.
Here is the link for "Rear Shocks" https://rivperformance.editboard.com/Supercharged-3800-Tech-c2/Suspension-Handling-f6/Write-Up-Rear-Shocks-p15036.htm#15036
If you should need parts other than the shocks, the junk yard can do a cross reference on the P/N's for you.
If you need good used Riviera parts, a lot of us use Ed Morad out of Ohio. His operation is very good and the people are very helpful. They get Riv's in from time to time and dismantle.
Go to www.moradpartscompany.com or you can call them at 216-798-6902 He has an inventory of some Riv parts and they are not always listed on the web site, so if you don't see it on-line try calling them. Good Luck
BTW, Welcome to the board and don't hesitate to ask questions and search this site for a lot of very good and valuable info.

Last edited by Rickw on Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:47 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)   What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 10:39 am

Aurora had either a magnetohydrodynamic or air suspension on the front as an option; a mechanic told me once that fancy option was available on the Rov but I have *never* seen an example.

I also noticed the PN for the front struts differs between the Riv and the Aurora so I dont' know if the parts swap.

And I echo Rick - if you are working on othe rear shocks just get new ones. Sometimes the OE shocks come up on closeout from RockAuto - and also the RockAuto OE struts come *with* mounts, which if you have to go buy them will set you back $75 or more the pair. That pulls the price of the OE struts in line with the Monroes. They don't make it explicit ontheir site but all you have to do to make sure you get the right PN is to look for the one with the picture that shows the shock with the top mount installed and ACDelco in shadow watermark-type print in the background.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
#1BearsFan

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)   What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:40 pm

Welcome Phil,
A good idea also would be for you to set up a signature in your profile and use it to give info about your car.
There are quite a few differences between 95=99 Riv's.
This way when you ask a question, people will know what you have and be able to give more accurate answers in relation to your ride.....
lecture

No doubt, you have come to the right spot..
I consider this place to be like Riviera Tech Support!
Even though I don't do much work on my Riv,
I often research repairs here to keep my mechanic honest.
Back to top Go down
PCweber
Special

Name : Phil Weber
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)   What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 6:54 pm

Signature added! thanks all!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)   What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?) Empty

Back to top Go down

What parts are shared with Aurora platform? (Suspension?)
Page 1 of 1