Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?

Go down 
+2
LARRY70GS
PCweber
6 posters
AuthorMessage
PCweber
Special

Name : Phil Weber
Merit : 1

fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? Empty
PostSubject: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:17 pm

I have a pinhole in the supply side line that sprays an arching 3ft. fine stream of gas whenever I turn the key on. Is there a fuse or relay I can pull so that it does not spray every time I turn the key on while I am chasing another issue and waiting for the fuel line repair kit to arrive? (96 Riv)
Back to top Go down
LARRY70GS
Aficionado
LARRY70GS

Name : Larry
Merit : 149

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 9:30 pm

PCweber wrote:
I have a pinhole in the supply side line that sprays an arching 3ft. fine stream of gas whenever I turn the key on. Is there a fuse or relay I can pull so that it does not spray every time I turn the key on while I am chasing another issue and waiting for the fuel line repair kit to arrive? (96 Riv)

There is a fuel pump relay under the rear seat. Right next to the Electronic Level Control Relay.
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul
Merit : 11

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 11:39 pm

Where exactly is the hole?
Back to top Go down
PCweber
Special

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 6:41 am

right behind the stainless steele fitting on the fuel rail where the line is black plastic yet.
Back to top Go down
96RIVMANN
Fanatic
96RIVMANN

Name : Paul

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:37 am

Thats exactly where my fuel line sprung a leak. I patched mine with some black rubber fuel line thats rated for 300 psi. Cost me a couple bucks and has been trouble free for years.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 11:08 am

PCweber wrote:
right behind the stainless steele fitting on the fuel rail where the line is black plastic yet.
As you may or may not know, the black plastic fuel line is available from most auto parts stores by the foot.
The only difficulty in working with this type of fuel line is how rigid it is.
You can cut it with a sharp razor blade. So cut old one off and use a hair drier on the ends of the new hose to soften it and allow it to expand when sliding it on the existing fittings. Just make sure you are prepared to push it on all the way in one shot. If you only get it on part way then the tube will have to be heated while on the fuel rail. If you have to heat the new tube while on any existing steel tubing can be dangerous so be carefull and try to avoid that.
Back to top Go down
PCweber
Special

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:14 pm

I picked up a repair kit at Autozone today for $20. It is Dorman part # 800-058 for reference. I will get it on this weekend sometime. Thanks for the tip on razorblade to cut. makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 7:24 pm

Let us know how easy or difficult that Dorman repair kit is to install.
Thanks
Back to top Go down
BillBoost37
Junkie

Merit : 26

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:40 am

I personally didn't like the dorman kit. It suggested hot water to soften the tubes and was difficult to push on in one shot as Rick mentions.
Back to top Go down
Sweepspear
Fanatic
Sweepspear

Name : Dale

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 1:58 pm

BillBoost37 wrote:
I personally didn't like the dorman kit. It suggested hot water to soften the tubes and was difficult to push on in one shot as Rick mentions.

I carefully used a heat gun to soften the section still attached to the car, but did use boiling water on the stove to soften the new section, and form it close in shape to the old section and place the barb on it's end.
Slid on easily in my case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?   fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay? Empty

Back to top Go down

fuel line leak. need to disable fuel pump. Fuse or relay?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series II Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: