Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

hauling snowboard

Go down 
+3
Rickw
T Riley
peev0021
7 posters
AuthorMessage
peev0021
Amateur
peev0021

Name : steve
Merit : 0

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:30 pm

since my blazer i had bought for the winter to avoid drive the riv in the snow failed its emisions tests badly. And i dont want to spend the money on that hunk to repair it i need a solution to haul my snowboard to the ski hill. I know alot of people will hate me for segusting this but i was thinking about a roof rack but nothing perminite. I saw these magentic one on line for 100 dollars and was woundering if any 1 tried theses ouy.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 5:49 pm

I'm interested in hearing other riv owners response.. I also Butter the gnar.. And wanna dank ass roof rack.. photoshop? Corey i know your pro at modding cars with photoshop!!! calling COREY
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 6:55 pm

Won't it fit in the trunk or back seat?
Back to top Go down
jonly
Enthusiast
jonly

Name : james
Merit : 9

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 7:25 pm

I play upright bass, I lay the passenger seat all the way back and it fits:
hauling snowboard IMG_1971
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 8:42 pm

Rickw wrote:
Won't it fit in the trunk or back seat?

Well on the way there it CAN.. but i am a pretty big dude.. so i have a pretty big board... but it gets all full of snow when you leave the mountain.. therefore its way nicer to have a snowboard rack..... cool
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:20 pm

I understand now.
Didn't realize how long the boards were.
Back to top Go down
palermocorey90
Expert
palermocorey90

Name : Corey
Merit : -24

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 9:26 pm

98riviera98 wrote:
I'm interested in hearing other riv owners response.. I also Butter the gnar.. And wanna dank ass roof rack.. photoshop? Corey i know your pro at modding cars with photoshop!!! calling COREY

get roof rails, ooo wait you dont have a GP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/glowinstrat
peev0021
Amateur
peev0021

Name : steve
Merit : 0

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:10 pm

i dont think it will fit in my trunk, never tried but prob not, and i care to much about my car to but it on the seat even with it in a bag, i was thinking about 1 of theses but dont know how it would work with the sunroof. http://www.rackattack.com/product-pages/rv-inno-mv276-magnetic-ski-and-snowboard-carrier.asp
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyWed Oct 28, 2009 10:21 pm

Hmmm idk if i like that option Steve.. I'd like to carry 3-4 boards if possible too!
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 12:35 pm

I have a roof rack, Thule mounting brackets and bars. I used the front mounts from the Riviera's "official" thule mount, but the rears - I used my own method - I had thule mounts for my '94 Regal, which fit inside the door, I found they would nicely clamp around the mid-section of the roof. Then I put my ski rack/box/whatever on top of the rails.

So, I have the other two Riv mounts, plus my other two regal mounts, I'd sell them if you are really interested. You'll need to get your own bars though.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard EmptyThu Oct 29, 2009 2:20 pm

depends how long your bord is...mine is 161 and other 165
if it would be like under 159 it will fit in trunk.
so far i have keeped my board on back seat...but one side under the front seat..where the rear siters feet would be and other side..there where the head rest is..
do not but roof rails on that car lol...
better keep the board on back seat or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hauling snowboard Empty
PostSubject: Re: hauling snowboard   hauling snowboard Empty

Back to top Go down

hauling snowboard
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Exterior-
Jump to: