Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Torque Convertor Stall!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

Torque Convertor Stall! Empty
PostSubject: Torque Convertor Stall!   Torque Convertor Stall! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:24 am

Alright.. While I have my motor out.. It would be super easy to swap out to a higher stall TQ convertor.. Stock is in the 2300 range IIRC.. I found one on Clubgp for 250shipped http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=5074795&p=2&tmode=1&smode=1

What are your guy's opinions on a higher stall?
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Torque Convertor Stall!   Torque Convertor Stall! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 8:29 am

what are your plans for the car? If you do any kind of city driving I would recommend a stock converter. It will hurt gas milage and increase overall wear and tear of the transmission. However, it's will allow the engine to rev a little higher on launch, allowing for better traction control at the dragstrip. If you have a large cam with a much higher powerband, then the appropriate sized converter will get you up to it's powerband quicker. It all depends on your new motor build's specs and intended use.

I stayed with my stock converter. I don't like high RPM converters, I find it makes city driving very annoying.
Back to top Go down
T Riley
Guru
T Riley

Name : Travis
Merit : 10

PostSubject: Re: Torque Convertor Stall!   Torque Convertor Stall! EmptyMon Nov 02, 2009 2:49 pm

deekster_caddy wrote:
what are your plans for the car? If you do any kind of city driving I would recommend a stock converter. It will hurt gas milage and increase overall wear and tear of the transmission. However, it's will allow the engine to rev a little higher on launch, allowing for better traction control at the dragstrip. If you have a large cam with a much higher powerband, then the appropriate sized converter will get you up to it's powerband quicker. It all depends on your new motor build's specs and intended use.

I stayed with my stock converter. I don't like high RPM converters, I find it makes city driving very annoying.

My plans for this car are to retire it to a Weekend warrior once i move out.. and can afford another car. I guess I'm going to leave the TQ converter alone for now.. It's not really that hard to pull the motor. so someday i'll pull it again and put in a 3k stall.. cool
Back to top Go down
http://www.rivperformance.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torque Convertor Stall!   Torque Convertor Stall! Empty

Back to top Go down

Torque Convertor Stall!
Page 1 of 1