Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

i am new and need a little help with my riv

Go down 
+3
ibmoses
Rickw
green
7 posters
AuthorMessage
green
Special

Name : Louie
Merit : 0

i am new and need a little help with my riv Empty
PostSubject: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 8:59 am

hey my name is louie. im new to the group . i own a 1995 riviera 1 of the couple of riv's with out a supercharger. i paid 500$ for it and i drove it from alabama to maine with no problem. i would like to know should i go turbo like the grand nat or supercharged with a smaller pully .? any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:13 am

Welcome Louie and congratulations on finding a nice car for such littlee money.
If you have the extra money go Turbo.
Just my opinion. We need someone on this site with a turbo Riv.
You can be the first here.
It's been done before so you should be able to get some assistance by reading online, but remember there is nothing that just fits out of the box.
That mod requires some ingenuity and fabrication.

There are others on here that can be more specific as to what it takes and can recommend what unit and misc. parts to buy.
Back to top Go down
green
Special

Name : Louie
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:18 am

thank you i have joined many riviera groups and this is th best one so far. i had a gut feeling to go turbo. o and i know about th parts K&N dont make a full air intake system for the riv. but i have been told the """""""Grand natinal""""""""" turbo would fit. but thank you for the help. but i do go to audio compations and ive won 3. i need to know how to put picks on here so i can show you guys
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 9:39 am

green wrote:
i need to know how to put picks on here so i can show you guys
Go to the tab at he top of the page "Board FAQ" and there is an explanation of the topic for almost any question you might have.
Also look at how to add a signature to your profile.
It is very helpful to us to know even just the basics of your car such as year and any modifications already done.
Back to top Go down
ibmoses
Aficionado
ibmoses

Name : Bert
Merit : 32

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:02 am

Greetings!

Bert tavis
Back to top Go down
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:44 am

If you have the money and want an adventure, go turbo! You're lucky to have a Series II motor because you have the option of dropping the pulley with a few mods, like rockers, cams, exhaust, etc.
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 11:52 am

Long run I would have to say SC. Simply because its going to be much less expensive, and far less fabrication involved. You can still pull very, very good hp/tq numbers out of an SC 3.8L and enjoy the reliabilty of the supercharger. Just my opinion tho you do whatever blows your hair back!

What kind of audio system you running? I am kind of an audiophile myself so I can relate.
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 8:31 am

welcome

i have never seen a GN close but as i know gn is rwd and riv fwd. think the headers and some other things wont fit directly.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Welcome, Louie. If you want to go turbo, why throw away the blower? Read this thread on twin charging - it's the newest trend right now, and it actually makes a lot of sense. If I were planning to all-out mod, that's what I'd do.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/series-ii-engine-transmission-f4/twin-charging-t1710.htm

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i am new and need a little help with my riv   i am new and need a little help with my riv Empty

Back to top Go down

i am new and need a little help with my riv
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: