Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius

Go down 
+3
1998 Riv
Rickw
JT Newman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
JT Newman
Amateur

Name : Jari
Merit : 0

fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius Empty
PostSubject: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I've noticed that there is °C -symbol next to °F on HVAC control panel.

Is it a big job to put car speak with Celsius degrees?
I'm quite tired of converting (°F - 32) / 1.8 wink

2°F at morning, car started almost instantly without preheating. Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:33 pm

I think it requires the GM Tech 2 diagnostic tool to change that.
But maybe someone on here knows a different way of changing it that doesn't require a tool you don't have access to.
Back to top Go down
1998 Riv
Expert
1998 Riv

Name : Dave
Merit : 44

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:01 pm

This has been discussed before, and I seem to recall there was no way found to do this on our Rivs.
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 6:09 pm

I know the export cars read km/hr on the Speedometer and Kilo for the odometer.
Do they also read Celsius as the default temp.????
Back to top Go down
Eldo
Expert
Eldo

Name : Mark
Merit : 104

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 7:45 pm

Yes, export cars have Celsius on the climate control and engine temp, and I'm sure that it requires a programmer to change it. I've been playing with my OTC 4000 scanner quite a lot lately, and I haven't found any way to modify stuff with it.

God knows why they didn't put an English/Metric button on the dash... Cadillac did so for their very first digital dash all the way back in 1980 or 81! hammer

(Hey, wait a minute... There are TWO Rivieras in Finland?!? wink )
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 8:07 pm

Yes, to both.
There are two Riv's in Finland and I use to own a Eldorado that had a simple switch in the Dashboard that allowed everything to be changed to Metric, including the computer that calculated mileage and all. Litre's per 100 kilometer's, IIRC.
Back to top Go down
JT Newman
Amateur

Name : Jari
Merit : 0

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 4:51 am

I'll drop a bomb: here is AT LEAST 10 Rivs wink

At the moment 3 are for sale on our most common car selling site, 2 -95 and 1 -96.

I also thought that there is a switch somewhere or some simple procedure to do. Even my -88 Lancia Thema had a switch on climate control panel.

But, thank you anyway!
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyTue Dec 29, 2009 7:11 am

as faar as i know there are like 10 in fin and +10in Estonia.
form the Est ones i have pictures on 7diferent riv's.

Anways..i did not know that the canadian (export) vesrions had also engine climate controll temp's in C's.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyWed Dec 30, 2009 10:12 am

We could solve this whole problem if America would just switch to C. The whole system makes so much more sense. I mean who the hell was the genius who decided 32 is freezing, 212 is boiling and 0 is freeze your ass off cold? It's so much simpler when 0 is freezing, 100 is boiling and every other form of measurement is 10 based.
Back to top Go down
Ash
Enthusiast
Ash

Name : Marty
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptyFri Jan 01, 2010 10:53 pm

GMFreak8 wrote:
We could solve this whole problem if America would just switch to C. The whole system makes so much more sense. I mean who the hell was the genius who decided 32 is freezing, 212 is boiling and 0 is freeze your ass off cold? It's so much simpler when 0 is freezing, 100 is boiling and every other form of measurement is 10 based.
Agreed. And as a former engineering student (MET), I have to admit problems are much easier/faster to solve when units are in the metric system. clap

I know the '89 Riviera I used to have just had a push-button on the dash to toggle between the two. Simple
Back to top Go down
Snowdog
Addict
Snowdog

Name : Timo
Merit : 24

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius EmptySat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 am

same was in fathers pontiac bonneville ssei
there was just a button to change hud from miles to km..and F's to C's.

Also he had before one 1993 Buick Park Avenue. but guess it was european model cos had bigger numbers on spedo as KM and climate controll was allready in C's or even changeble to F's...
funny thing is that the newer models came whit the same climate controll like +96riv's had. so it was again not changeble.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius   fahrenheit to celsius - HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius Empty

Back to top Go down

HVAC Fahrenheits to Celsius
Page 1 of 1