Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New Car Audio Install (Pics)

Go down 
+10
T Riley
nigelf
brmcm15
turtleman
albertj
Rickw
Hometown Hero
agrimm34
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:31 pm

agrimm34 wrote:
I uploaded a couple vids of my subs, I know the quality is very poor sorry, but hey better than nothing.
Are you Sure !!!!
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 pm

well on a scale of 1 to 10 i would have to give your recording a...i dropped and broke my scale..
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Rickw wrote:
agrimm34 wrote:
I uploaded a couple vids of my subs, I know the quality is very poor sorry, but hey better than nothing.
Are you Sure !!!!

I would agree with that if you're saying what I think you're saying. That sounds like absolute crap. No offense. Distortion caused by the camera or not, it still would sound like crap. I've been asked before why I don't upgrade my subwoofers in my Riv. I simply tell them I'm not interested in more boom, I'm upgrading my full range speakers and amps before anything. I rather have a great sounding balanced system with accurate highs, mids and deep lows than something that could shake a car apart but won't allow you to actually hear or enjoy anything in the rest of the audio. It's absolutely ridiculous to focus everything on the lower end and not do anything to make the mids and highs sound good and not get overpowered.
Back to top Go down
BrianEsser
Enthusiast
BrianEsser

Name : Brian Esser
Merit : 8

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:23 am

Walmart car audio = no thanks. For the same price, through Ebay or Crutchfield, you can get much better quality gear. Even a $199 Alpine will destroy Sony's best head unit. My buddy had those subs, they lasted about a week in his cer before they were junk.
Back to top Go down
http://www.brianesser.com
#1BearsFan
Enthusiast
#1BearsFan

Name : Bill
Merit : 4

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:21 am

I have to strongly agree with Rick here.
IMO the sound should be balanced. Face it, if you go to a concert the bass and drums don't over power the vocals and guitar leads. (Well at least not if you go see a quality band.)
Point is, my dumba$$ neighbor drives by everyday with his window down, all you hear is the bumpin' of his subs. In fact, I can hear that when he turns on to the road 1000ft away, but as he goes by at 50ft, even with his window down there is no sign of vocals or guitar to be heard.
I guess if you're lookin' to go deaf prematurely that is a great way to set up your system.
Personally, I like to hear clear and balanced sound, as if I was in the studio or at the concert where they recorded it.
I have a 4Chan-75WRMS amp (Any other amp rating than RMS is BS.) in my trunk that is assisting my stock head unit and stock speakers. It sounds nice, but the first thing that I will upgrade on my stereo will be the factory speakers then the head unit. I will eventually install my two 8" subs (that are mounted in the proper size boxes as spec'd in the manual that came with the subs.) but I don't see them as a priority or necessity.
I have had my Riv for a year and a half and my subs are still stored in a rubbermaid tub in my closet......
Big boom may get you some cred's in your neighborhood, but if that boomin' is all you've got then your system, regardless of the $$$$$ you spent, still sounds like a big steamin' pile of crap. (IMHO)
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 5:52 pm

Most of the guys with the "BOOM" your describing usually start there because they're young and their pockets aren't over flowing with money. As a young guy, when you got your 1st decent car what were the mods you wanted to do? They normally go as follows but in no particular order; Rims/Cosmetics, sound system upgrades, and engine/exhaust mods.

When it comes to stereos first, most guys go out and buy a deck, 2 channel amp, 1 or 2 woofers enclosed, and usually a pair of 6x9's. Telling themselves all the while, "I'll get the rest later" which sometimes happens, but more often doesn't happen right away. So you get exactly what your describing, normally the only thing amplified are the subs, so obviously your not going to hear the trebile speakers from any great distance away on 25 watts rms.

The deck usually provides enough power so you can hear the trebile in the vehicle fine, but not in the same sense as if it were amplified. I guess though really the moral of this little story would be, if it sounds good to the guy that owns it thats really all that matters. Any1 elses opinion is just that... an opinion. I think we all know the old expression about opinions. tongue
Back to top Go down
Rickw
Guru

Name : Rick
Merit : 119

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:31 pm

Hometown Hero wrote:
Most of the guys with the "BOOM" your describing usually start there because they're young and their pockets aren't over flowing with money. As a young guy, when you got your 1st decent car what were the mods you wanted to do? They normally go as follows but in no particular order; Rims/Cosmetics, sound system upgrades, and engine/exhaust mods.

When it comes to stereos first, most guys go out and buy a deck, 2 channel amp, 1 or 2 woofers enclosed, and usually a pair of 6x9's. Telling themselves all the while, "I'll get the rest later" which sometimes happens, but more often doesn't happen right away. So you get exactly what your describing, normally the only thing amplified are the subs, so obviously your not going to hear the trebile speakers from any great distance away on 25 watts rms.

The deck usually provides enough power so you can hear the trebile in the vehicle fine, but not in the same sense as if it were amplified. I guess though really the moral of this little story would be, if it sounds good to the guy that owns it thats really all that matters. Any1 elses opinion is just that... an opinion. I think we all know the old expression about opinions. tongue
These are the same guys that will buy $1200.00 worth of rims while their transmission is slipping. Priorities.
I guess as a mechanic from a young age i always wanted my engine and other running gear to be correct first. Then add a stereo or something.
Thank god they didn't have all the expensive sound equipment available to the automotive market back then.
I remember trying to amplify some household JBL loudspeakers i had for install in a van.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Car Audio Install (Pics)   New Car Audio Install (Pics) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Car Audio Install (Pics)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2