Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

hot air in car

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
1996RIV CALI
Amateur
1996RIV CALI

Merit : 0

hot air in car Empty
PostSubject: hot air in car   hot air in car EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 pm

i feel alot of heat coming in through the floor of my car. is this common with rivs and it seems like hot air is alway coming from the vents even if my temp is at 60 degrees. Mainly the back seat vent.
Back to top Go down
GMFreak8
Addict
GMFreak8

Name : Kyle
Merit : 15

hot air in car Empty
PostSubject: Re: hot air in car   hot air in car EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 11:06 am

1996RIV CALI wrote:
i feel alot of heat coming in through the floor of my car. is this common with rivs and it seems like hot air is alway coming from the vents even if my temp is at 60 degrees. Mainly the back seat vent.

If you have the climate control off, and you have it turned down to 60, it'll essentially pass through air directly from the outside or heat it to 60 and then pass it through. If you turn the heat up, it'll heat the air to that temp and adjust for the difference in temp between the outside air and the set temperature. It's a feature that keeps air flowing regardless whenever you are moving.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

hot air in car Empty
PostSubject: Re: hot air in car   hot air in car EmptySat Apr 03, 2010 1:52 pm

So if you have the climate control temp set to 60, say, and the A/C is *on*, and you are still getting hot air then you have a blend door that's stuck. THere are a bunch of other posts and a write up on this site detailing what to do about that.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hot air in car Empty
PostSubject: Re: hot air in car   hot air in car Empty

Back to top Go down

hot air in car
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General Tech :: Interior-
Jump to: