Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

New owner as of TODAY!!!

Go down 
+5
Hometown Hero
VJD2
Abaddon
deekster_caddy
madrivage
9 posters
AuthorMessage
madrivage
madrivage

Name : Don
Merit : 1

New owner as of TODAY!!! Empty
PostSubject: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 3:15 am

Just picked up a 97 Supercharged beauty!! She has 125k on her,but the car was regularly maintained and well kept as far as I can tell so far.So uh...yeah,what a snappy little V6 eh??
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 8:27 am

Welcome! Snappy indeed! I think it's one of the most understated drivetrains GM put out since the turbo buicks of the 80s.
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:09 am

Welcome! hi

You think it's snappy now, do some mods..... twisted
Back to top Go down
VJD2
Fanatic
VJD2

Name : Vinny
Merit : 5

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 am

Hello and congrats.

You'll have fun...
Back to top Go down
Hometown Hero
Junkie
Hometown Hero

Name : Klix
Merit : 16

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:22 pm

Weclome!
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 12:24 pm

Welcome to the site!

Junkie
flyineagle96

Name : James E
Merit : 23

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyFri Jun 18, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi,yes they do, have good torque.Hard not to burn rubber, when taking off.. LOL cool
Back to top Go down
madrivage
madrivage

Name : Don
Merit : 1

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptySat Jun 19, 2010 4:09 am

Thanks guys for the warm welcome.I have a question or two already.I was going through the receipts the previous owner gave me and found he had some trouble with cylinder #3 throwing the p0300B code.Apparently they ran compression checks and all cylinders were O.k. as far as static compression goes,however they also did a check while running and found #3 to be low.It was suggested in the notes from mechanic that possibly a cam lobe,or valve were suspect or carbon build up.Mind you this service receipt was 5yrs and 46k miles ago.The car seems to run great and has gobs of power,plus looks immaculate inside and out,so I bought it.Anyhow,I did notice that if I lay my hand on the engine I can feel a TINY stumble,but I can't hear anything unusual at all.Not to mention when I hit the accelerator the car moves without any hesitation or stumble at all.I don't know anything about these engines at all.I am a motor head from way back,and am no stranger to doing my own work,but I was always wrenching on V8's.Are these little V6's supposed to feel like a sewing machine at idle,or is a little vibration felt with hand on supercharger normal?Thank you in advance. Don
Back to top Go down
98SuperRiv
98SuperRiv

Name : Bradley
Merit : 3

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 2:48 pm

Congradulations and welcome
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 11:19 pm

welcome Don!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New owner as of TODAY!!!   New owner as of TODAY!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New owner as of TODAY!!!
Page 1 of 1