Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

Name : Nate
Merit : 16

What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? Empty
PostSubject: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 12:21 pm

?

Okay, took car to Meineke to have ABS/TC light looked at.

They did diagnostic and came back with a long list and a big $$ to fix. But the parts they list, don't show up in my shop manual...

back story...my ABS/TC lights went on full time about a month ago..car drives fine.

1: ABS Module
2: ABS/Anti Skid Relay
3: BPMV ABS Valve
4: Front hub assembly (Meineke guy said he very much doubts BOTH are bad...it's more likely related to the above fault codes)

So..about a month ago the lights go on..I can't image that three parts just all go kaput at once...especially since I had a used EBTCM put on and the brakes flushed last year..

I'm just wondering if one master part...perhaps the ABS control module.. is f'ed and giving all these codes...and replacing it solves it...

What do you guys think?

Cause I'm getting to the $$$ point where I have to think how much $$$ does the car really warrant.... It's my toy but not if it's nothing but $$..

Thanks Amigos

Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 1:22 pm

If I'm not mistaken, that "Anti-Skid" Relay is inside the Module. Yes it is extremely possible that the module is causing all the codes. I'd be hesitant to fork over the dough to them. The chances of all that chit going bad at once is damn near nil.
Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:00 pm

is there an "abs module"...if so you think Morad will have one???
Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:27 pm

He's saying it's the EBTCM... I've already put one in a couple of years ago...Morad has another it appears... but I'm tired of always putting them in...

car drives and stops fine... I should just take the bulbs out of the dash and not worry? ? ? smile
Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:06 pm

The module is the EBTCM. I wouldn't go as far as taking the bulbs out of the dash though. Think you might just be having a bad streak of parts? Modules can go bad for no reason. It sounds stupid, but it happens. If Morad has 'em cheap, IMO replace it instead of pulling the bulbs.
Back to top Go down
Natesriv
Addict
Natesriv

PostSubject: Re: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:11 pm

One on eBay for $49 from Morad...but it's pretty dirty... I'll see what they have...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?   What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!? Empty

Back to top Go down

What ABS parts are these and I need your thoughts?!?!?!?
Page 1 of 1