Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Hello

Go down 
+3
BMD
albertj
nebstewart07
7 posters
AuthorMessage
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

Name : Ben Stewart
Merit : 6

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:07 pm

Hi my name is Ben. I live in Northwest Missouri

I have a 1997 Riviera N/A. It was beige when I got it but it is becoming marroon slowly lol. When we got the car it had hit a deer. So the fenders and hood needed to be replaced. My dad who has 6 rivieras(we'll get to that later) had a blown maroon 1995 riviera, so we decided to take parts off that one. I loved the color of the maroon so I decided I would just make my entire car maroon. So now the only thing beige is the roof and quarters. I am in the process of changing the interior to maroon as well.

My Dad. He lives in Nebraska

Has 6 rivieras including

1997 Supercharged beige ( His first riviera)- still driving it with 295,000 miles
1996 Supercharged black ( bought as parts car)- sitting at the farm with blown supercharger and some wreckage
1997 Supercharged green (bought for my brother to drive)- still being driven with 250,000 miles
1995 Supercharged maroon (bought with blown motor)- was planning on replacing motor but instead used as parts
1995 N/A dark blue (granny driven car 120,000 miles)- sitting until the first car with 295,000 miles goes out\
1996 N/A light blue (bought non running)- dad is undecided on what he wants to do with this car, we are unsure on whats wrong with it

As you can see dad loves these rivieras, he jokes around sometimes saying eventually he will have enough for a Riviera Ranch(Junkyard). I hope this site helps with some questions we have and maybe we can help out with somethings as well.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 am

nebstewart07 wrote:
Hi my name is Ben. I live in Northwest Missouri

I have a 1997 Riviera N/A. It was beige when I got it but it is becoming marroon slowly lol. When we got the car it had hit a deer. So the fenders and hood needed to be replaced. My dad who has 6 rivieras(we'll get to that later) had a blown maroon 1995 riviera, so we decided to take parts off that one. I loved the color of the maroon so I decided I would just make my entire car maroon. So now the only thing beige is the roof and quarters. I am in the process of changing the interior to maroon as well.

My Dad. He lives in Nebraska

Has 6 rivieras including

1997 Supercharged beige ( His first riviera)- still driving it with 295,000 miles
1996 Supercharged black ( bought as parts car)- sitting at the farm with blown supercharger and some wreckage
1997 Supercharged green (bought for my brother to drive)- still being driven with 250,000 miles
1995 Supercharged maroon (bought with blown motor)- was planning on replacing motor but instead used as parts
1995 N/A dark blue (granny driven car 120,000 miles)- sitting until the first car with 295,000 miles goes out\
1996 N/A light blue (bought non running)- dad is undecided on what he wants to do with this car, we are unsure on whats wrong with it

As you can see dad loves these rivieras, he jokes around sometimes saying eventually he will have enough for a Riviera Ranch(Junkyard). I hope this site helps with some questions we have and maybe we can help out with somethings as well.

use a Tech II scanner or a scope to see if you're getting a crank sensor signal on the light bllue '96 when you crank it. If you are not that's likely why it's inop, unless it's busted wires in the bundle that goes on that huge connector on the firewall - you might should check.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
BMD
Aficionado
BMD

Name : BMD
Merit : 36

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:40 am

Welcome Ben, sounds like you guys are real Riv lovers. It also looks like you must know your way around one, hopefully you can help out some members, especially with parts? razz
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 am

Albert- dad has not even really messed with the light blue one we bought it for 250 about a week ago needs new fender, it had been sitting for about 4 years before, so we still need to drain fuel and everything then go from there. But thanks for the advice. I will update once we take a look at it more.

BMD- I havent messed with them too much but we did tear apart the interior today and gonna work on tearing apart the other car's interior tommorow so i will definately learn how to tear out an entire interior. I will be taking pics maybe do a write up or two. If I can teach dad to use this forum(sometimes he gets mad at the computer lol) then he would definately be of assistance. And he might come one here and sell parts but I think he is kind of a riviera hoarder lol. It seems like he hoards cars in multiples. 6 95-99 rivieras, 3 1970 Ford F-100's etc.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 3:34 am

nebstewart07 wrote:
Albert- dad has not even really messed with the light blue one we bought it for 250 about a week ago needs new fender, it had been sitting for about 4 years before, so we still need to drain fuel and everything then go from there. But thanks for the advice. I will update once we take a look at it more.

BMD- I havent messed with them too much but we did tear apart the interior today and gonna work on tearing apart the other car's interior tommorow so i will definately learn how to tear out an entire interior. I will be taking pics maybe do a write up or two. If I can teach dad to use this forum(sometimes he gets mad at the computer lol) then he would definately be of assistance. And he might come one here and sell parts but I think he is kind of a riviera hoarder lol. It seems like he hoards cars in multiples. 6 95-99 rivieras, 3 1970 Ford F-100's etc.

tell him to stop being such a hoarder and send some shit our way brah!
Back to top Go down
nebstewart07
Fanatic
nebstewart07

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 9:07 pm

I told him that and he laughed
Back to top Go down
nothincame2mind
Aficionado

Name : Ryan
Merit : 20

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyTue Dec 14, 2010 10:48 am

Welcome, fellow Missourian!!!
Back to top Go down
jimmyriv
Junkie
jimmyriv

Name : James
Merit : 8

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 9:55 am

Welcome to the forum, Ben.
It's good to find another Riviera fan....
Back to top Go down
http://myspace.com/jimmyriv
J. Chris Davis
Aficionado
J. Chris Davis

Name : Chris Davis
Merit : 19

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello EmptyFri Dec 17, 2010 10:33 am

Welcome. He's got quite a collection of Riv's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Welcome!-
Jump to: