Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Garret
Rookie

Name : Garret
Merit : 0

Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.  Empty
PostSubject: Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.    Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.  EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 11:26 pm

I just turned sixteen and got a 1997 Buick Riviera (supercharged), and I'm looking to buy a nice sound system, and right now I'm worried about what kind of speakers I should buy and how big of an amplifier I should get, and I figured since others have gotten subwoofers for this car before. So I was just wondering what sounded nice from another persons personal experience in the same car. I'm looking for 12" subwoofers and I've heard that having a ported or duel ported box really is worth the extra money, and I just want some advice in that area for this car.

Back to top Go down
Abaddon
Expert
Abaddon

Name : Scott
Merit : 185

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.    Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 9:35 am

Welcome to the site! hi

The type of box you use is dependent on the type of sup you buy. I know that my subs in a vented box sound like shit. I have them in a sealed enclosure now, and they pound my brain apart.

I have 2 12" JL Audio (don't remember which ones) being pumped by an Orion D1200 Mono Amp running in parallel. I'm seriously considering about building a new box with just 1 sub in the spring. Today's subwoofers are ridiculous. I say take the $$$$ you would spend on 2 descent subs, and buy 1 kick ass sub with the right box/amp combo.
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 251

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.    Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.  EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:20 am

Welcome Garret, and congrats on the new ride! Rivs make a great stereo project cars, as a few of us have discovered. I see you've found the Audio & Electronics forum wink Check out this thread on subs, speakers, and amps. Lots of reading, but maybe will give you some ideas:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t3956-subwoofers-speakers-amps

Feel free to post new questions and comments at the link. See you 'round...

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.    Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Subwoofer, amplifier, enclosure.
Page 1 of 1