Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

help me find lower im! please....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
wee-one
wee-one

Name : Randy
Merit : 3

help me find lower im!  please.... Empty
PostSubject: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Hi.. BTW... I am new.. I have a thread in the noob board..smile
I already purchased the felpro aluminum uim problemsolver kit... I had orreilys order me up a dorman lower....
Well... my buddy that's tearing apart the engine diadem it was for a NA. ... and of coaurse I have a supercharged 96....
Where in the hell can I find the lower oh.... and SC oil... I heard redline 50 weight works... but I can find that either.. frown
I don't want the dealer to rip off my arm and leg

Thanks guys.. a part number would be awesome.. but I guess anything helps
Back to top Go down
Bowersk
Enthusiast
Bowersk

Name : Bowers
Merit : 7

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:19 pm

I'm confused as to what you need. You need a Lower Intake Manifold gasket set and SC oil?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/kellybowers79
Bowersk
Enthusiast
Bowersk

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:35 pm

I get all my stuff from http://www.zzperformance.com/.

There is a "need parts" section in the Riv Faq section with other places.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 181

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:41 pm

wee-one wrote:
Hi.. BTW... I am new.. I have a thread in the noob board..smile
I already purchased the felpro aluminum uim problemsolver kit... I had orreilys order me up a dorman lower....
Well... my buddy that's tearing apart the engine diadem it was for a NA. ... and of coaurse I have a supercharged 96....
Where in the hell can I find the lower oh.... and SC oil... I heard redline 50 weight works... but I can find that either.. frown
I don't want the dealer to rip off my arm and leg

Thanks guys.. a part number would be awesome.. but I guess anything helps

The dealer price on SC oil is *not* that bad, you ought to at least call them and see what your local dealer will sell it for. You can also find it online at gmpartsdirect.com or monsterpartsonline.com.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Yea...SC oil... I'm guessing from a dealer... and lower intakemanifold gasket.. I already have the aluminum felpro upper.... none that I have found will fit the SC series II....?the lower gasket that is..
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:48 pm

Well... and my buddy doing all of this doesn't have 2 weeks to get it mailed.. I'd rather it be done this week.... do they sell thelower manifold gaskets anywhere like a parts store... if so does anyone know a pn. Off the top of your head.. I've looked everywhere... and like I said the one I had orreilkys was for a NA.... and they said it would fit... but when bmybuddy tried.. it didn't.. plus it came with an aluminum stovepipe... which the SC engines don't have? And I probably will have to go to a dealer for SC oil I guess..
Back to top Go down
Bowersk
Enthusiast
Bowersk

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:50 pm

I just ordered about 20 items from zzperformance and got the stuff 2 days later.

Your not going to find the good aluminum LIM gaskets at a parts store. They all sell the felpro sets and those are not even close to the quality your going to get off of zzperformance or intense.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 4:58 pm

wee-one wrote:
Well... and my buddy doing all of this doesn't have 2 weeks to get it mailed.. I'd rather it be done this week.... do they sell thelower manifold gaskets anywhere like a parts store... if so does anyone know a pn. Off the top of your head.. I've looked everywhere... and like I said the one I had orreilkys was for a NA.... and they said it would fit... but when bmybuddy tried.. it didn't.. plus it came with an aluminum stovepipe... which the SC engines don't have? And I probably will have to go to a dealer for SC oil I guess..

I would just order from ZZPerformance - do it by phone and call early in the day, you'll be sure to get the items quickly. As for local parts I am really not sure, my guess is a NAPA *if* you are near one of their regional warehouses. Or an Advance Auto *maybe* and again if you are near a whse.

And it's too bad about oreillys - some of their counterpersons are great and others, well, let's just say they'd benefit from turning a wrench occasionally.
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks guys... imgonna check out zzperformance and see what they have to offer... ivenever heard of them so I guess this has helped a lot... thanks again... it'd just everywhere ivebenn acts like the engine doesn't have a lower intake manifold... they think that since its not in their comp. .. it doesn't exist.. LOL... thanks ill check this out and hopefully someone on this site has turned a wrench in their life... LOL.. BC I know these people at this location of orreilys haven't..
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:45 pm

Sorry... I guess its the upper intake... in-between the Plenum and manifold... I alreadyhave the lower aluminum.. the parts store had it as the upper... idle.. iwish they just had a set.. I need the single larger gasket... zzperformance has the whole gasket set really cheap... I wish I would have known.. LOL.. because I bought everything unit individually. confused
Back to top Go down
Bowersk
Enthusiast
Bowersk

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Randy, I know what you mean. I'm in the same situation your in. Currently rebuilding an engine out of a GPT for the Riviera. Been through all this and I tell you what, the only thing I've gotten from Oreilly's seems to be engine cleaner/paint and an EGR valve gasket. Everything else has come from Jegs, zzperformance, and the many Pontiac/buick forums for sell sections.
Back to top Go down
Bowersk
Enthusiast
Bowersk

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Goes like this. Supercharger bolts down on top of the lower intake manifold...there is a supercharger gasket there. Then the Lower intake manifold bolts down to the heads. There are gaskets here as well.

Here, Maybe this will help.

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t2283-write-up-lower-intake-manifold-gaskets#24393
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyTue Mar 15, 2011 11:55 pm

Yeah... it sucks... and my buddy said the supercharged don't have that godforesakened egress stovepipe... BC believe me I looked for it... and was super happy when I bought the dorman intake manifold that came with it.... until my buddy said it doesn't fit and is for NA....

I actually just bought that gasket set from zzperformance...... THANK U FOR REFEREING THAT SITE! It was exactly what I needed... except it even says it comes with a intake manifold(L36 only) so do the supercharged engines even have this intake manifold.... the large one piece plastic one(only sold in plastic)??? Because every one I've tried to get is for naturally aspirated... ugh... I'm confused...

My buddy doing the engine work told me to find one.. or I need one... but not even that site sells one for a supercharged engine.....

I already have the aluminum one that is a set of two... upper/lower... whatever... I need the one that is black and orange.... one piece... with the slightly offset rubber seals for coolant for each cilynder.....

Does anyone know... I've Bennett thru 2 of these so far... and soon a third when the set comes in the mail...

PLEASE HELP! sick
Back to top Go down
Jason
Aficionado
Jason

Name : Jason
Merit : 66

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 1:40 am

you are not referring to the parts by their proper names, which makes your post confusing. The part you are referring to -most likely- is the upper intake gasket found on the N/A 3800. It is NOT called an intake manifold.

The N/A 3800 is referred to as the L36, and the SC3800 as the L67. The upg aluminium part you have is called a lower intake manifold gasket.

No, you don't need the black and orange upper intake gasket on your supercharged engine. Be very specific with what your friend said you needed, just the supercharger gasket.

are you posting from a phone or mobile device ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/id/Doctor_Meltdown
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 7:01 am

wee-one wrote:
Yeah... it sucks... and my buddy said the supercharged don't have that godforesakened egress stovepipe... BC believe me I looked for it... and was super happy when I bought the dorman intake manifold that came with it.... until my buddy said it doesn't fit and is for NA....

I actually just bought that gasket set from zzperformance...... THANK U FOR REFEREING THAT SITE! It was exactly what I needed... except it even says it comes with a intake manifold(L36 only) so do the supercharged engines even have this intake manifold.... the large one piece plastic one(only sold in plastic)??? Because every one I've tried to get is for naturally aspirated... ugh... I'm confused...

My buddy doing the engine work told me to find one.. or I need one... but not even that site sells one for a supercharged engine.....

I already have the aluminum one that is a set of two... upper/lower... whatever... I need the one that is black and orange.... one piece... with the slightly offset rubber seals for coolant for each cilynder.....

Does anyone know... I've Bennett thru 2 of these so far... and soon a third when the set comes in the mail...

PLEASE HELP! sick

...If you telephoned zzperformance and spoke to a person and you let them ask you about your car so they properly identified your engine and were sure what you needed, should be no problem. If not, Bennett...
Back to top Go down

Name : Andrew
Merit : 123

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 8:28 am

I believe what he is looking for is a PLENUM GASKET , also called the SUPERCHARGER GASKET. wee-one, your supercharger IS your upper intake manifold. You don't need any plastic replacement one.

wee-one

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... EmptyWed Mar 16, 2011 11:23 am

OK... well that answers that.... that's why I've been so confused BC I didn't think L67s had them.... its the one directly under the intake manifold... cool... I don't know why my mechanic buddy said that..... makes me question his skills....... I was wondering why u would need one if there is a SC gasket....

Well thanks all... oh.. and Bennett... that's this damn autocorrect on my phone....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help me find lower im! please....   help me find lower im!  please.... Empty

Back to top Go down

help me find lower im! please....
Page 1 of 1