Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wee-one
wee-one

Name : Randy
Merit : 3

Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" Empty
PostSubject: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 9:53 pm

So yeah.... its all chewed up.. just found out... I guess one of the brackets for the radiator broke and the fan got a little too close.... looks like Freddy got ahold of it... unrepairable to say the least..

Called around.. no parts stores sell these things.... BS... its the o e obviously closest to the radiator towards the bottom if the engine... there are no Rivieras at the junkyards... hell... I've never seen one on the street... so that's not an option.... anyone know the technical name of thus or know a part number.... I've looked everywhere.... and I know to check ed NORAD or whatever but I couldn't find any and I need this thing within three days.... its already been three weeks in the making to swap the engine and gasket it.... and this is the last thing I need...

Any help would be greatly appreciated... thanks.
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 10:45 pm

Is this the part number 25621999? And I can't find any sites that sell this.... grrrrrr its gonna be a hot ass summer and my ass is gonna be sticking to my nice leather seats because I cannot find this damn hose....... I think GM needs to be stamping part numbers on EVERYTHING.... because NOTHING lasts the life of the car with them.... save the trouble of just trying to find these damn things....

So if anyone knows what this hose is even called that'd be super awesome... thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:03 pm

just find a local manufacture of high pressure hoses. they will make you up a set in a day or so...

Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyTue Apr 05, 2011 11:17 pm

robotennis61 wrote:
just find a local manufacture of high pressure hoses. they will make you up a set in a day or so...

True that.

In this area (very small town) the local CarQuest franchise has a Swagelok rig that makes up AC hoses. I don't think many people around here stock *any,* they are quite good at it and will crank them out almost while U wait. If you look in your Yellow pages for places doing truck repairs that's another way to find someone making up those hoses. Bring the old one along.

bounce
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 7:58 pm

Try Morad's - moradpartscompany.com - he deals in used 3800 stuff and gets a Riv through from time to time.

I've never heard of one going bad, probably why there's no aftermarket supply for them.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 10:52 pm

wee-one wrote:
Is this the part number 25621999? And I can't find any sites that sell this.... grrrrrr its gonna be a hot ass summer and my ass is gonna be sticking to my nice leather seats because I cannot find this damn hose....... I think GM needs to be stamping part numbers on EVERYTHING.... because NOTHING lasts the life of the car with them.... save the trouble of just trying to find these damn things....

So if anyone knows what this hose is even called that'd be super awesome... thanks guys.

do you think it might be possible to get one thru a GM dealer via "vintage parts" maybe?
Back to top Go down
wee-one
wee-one

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" EmptyFri Apr 08, 2011 10:23 pm

I'm am trying to stay as far away from the dealer as possible.... my SC oil came up to $30 there.... not to mention these hoses online for other cars are like $80........ might as well double or triple that and that's the dealer price.... I looked at eds posting on eBay and couldn't find it... plus I HATE eBay...

Yeah... it kinds sucks its all tore up.... because I have never had to replace an AC hose... ithink I might try someone that can make high pressure hoses... or even just call to junkyards...and ask if there are any.. thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"   Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?" Empty

Back to top Go down

Ripped up AC hose... "not sold in stores?!?"
Page 1 of 1