Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Darren's Riv

Go down 
+3
IBx1
Andysdorm
dhughes03
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dhughes03
Amateur
dhughes03

Name : darren
Merit : 1

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:43 am

Here is my car, right now she has been sitting in my inlaws yard for a year since im in Afghanistan right now, but once I get back i plan on getting candy apple red paint, and all white interior, and looking to turning it into a convertiblehttps://i.servimg.com/u/f43/17/03/55/64/17927512.jpg

Image hosted by servimg.com" border="0" alt=""/>
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:30 am

Very nice Darren,

I've never seen that color on a Riv before, it reminds me of the Mercedes Benz color Paprika. It looks good on the curves.

If you want to see a vibrant red Riv, a kid on cardomain.com has painted his in a Coka-Cola red with white stripping.

I really would like to see a bright white interior, I hope you get a chance to do it and show us the results.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
IBx1
Expert
IBx1

Name : ILAN
Merit : 69

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:56 am

Nice, but the other rides thread is for cars that aren't Rivs! Start up your own showroom thread, looks like you have some good paint to show off.

Last edited by IBx1 on Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghpcnm
Aficionado
ghpcnm

Name : Dave
Merit : 23

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 10:59 am

Nice looking Riv you have there, Darren. Be safe and let us know when you get home and start your project. thumbsup
Back to top Go down
http://www.americantorque.com/page/0/1189/
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 11:32 pm

stay safe Darren.Good luck there.
Back to top Go down
dhughes03
Amateur
dhughes03

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 12:47 am

Thanx guys I should be back next september, my wife is the one who gave me the idea of restoring it, i was actually going to just sell it because of all the issues it has but then she was like just restore it. Right now it has a lot of issues like i guess the speed control sensor in the transmission, because it wont shift the first 30 min of driving until it warms up, plus needs the interior redone, and the suspension. Its at the shop now they've started fixing everything. I also put a boost gauge inside the left driver vent where the ac used to blow from. But once I get back, the first thing I will do is the interior, its tan now, but ill get it changed to pure white. Then ill redo the sound system, and then the paint will be the last step. I want to keep it classy and not over do it like a lot of people do. Im also going to get the headlights restored as well. Do any of you guys know how I can get this thing turned into a convertible car?
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:11 am

Beautiful car.definitely worth keeping.Only gripe I have is the positioning of the fender vents.They would look tons better if they were placed closer together.They do look nice on the Riv. not everyones cup of tea.I've seen many different styles of aftermarket vents and I prefer the oval ones the best -vs- rectangular or what have you.
Back to top Go down
dhughes03
Amateur
dhughes03

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:18 am

Yea i actually ended up taking off the vents since someone thought it would be funny to steal one off, but yea how much does a candy apple red paint job cost? i may do the white interior before the outside i haven't decided yet, but i was going to get either a CL55 or a Jag XKR just for the supercharged engines, but this riviera is my baby, she has been so good to me, I feel that I owe it to her to give her a make over, get her hair done, and give her some new heels. I also just bought my wife a 2010 nissan maxima, its crazy how fast that car is, its only a 3.5L V-6 but has 300hp, i think they should have upped the power in the Riviera they def under powered it.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:44 am

A candy paint job can cost all kinds of money. it really depends who you go to.If I weren't going to do the job myself,i would troll my neighboorhood looking and talking to everyone regarding who does the best for the least.i've seen high $ candy jobs that looked like shit and low buck candies that looked..divine..yeah,divine i said it! lol. as far as a convertible mod,I would probably say it would cost anywhere from $3.500 to close to $6.000 give or take. Imo,dont do it.you'll miss the Rivs quiet and isolated ride. usa
Back to top Go down
dhughes03
Amateur
dhughes03

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 1:54 am

Thanx for the headsup, but i really need to see this car as a convertible, its huge, comfortable, beautiful, and with candy apple red paint and an all white interior, i think it would look pretty good. I also have an aurora and a nissan maxima, i have the same rims on the aurora as the riviera, im gonna post pics of them side by side soon as I figure out how to upload them all together lol

Darren's Riv Sittin10

Darren's Riv Superc10

Darren's Riv Twins10
Back to top Go down
AA
Administrator
AA

Name : Aaron
Merit : 252

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 3:11 am

Hey Darren, the Riv looks great! Your other car pics were moved to here:

https://rivperformance.editboard.com/t954p315-the-other-showroom-current-past-rides

'05 GTO 6.0L • 6-spd • 95k miles • 0-60: 4.8s • 16.9 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:26

'95 Celica GT 2.2L • 5-spd • 165k miles • 0-60: yes

'98 SC Riviera • 281k miles • 298 HP/370 TQ • 0-60: 5.79s • ET: 13.97 @ 99.28 • 4087 lb • 20.1 avg MPG • Nelson Ledges Lap: 1:30
3.4" pulley • AL104 plugs • 180º t-stat • FWI w/K&N • 1.9:1 rockers • OR pushrods • LS6 valve springs • SLP headers • ZZP fuel rails
KYB GR2 struts • MaxAir shocks • Addco sway bars • UMI bushings • GM STB • Enkei 18" EV5s w/ Dunlop DZ101s • F-body calipers
EBC bluestuff/Hawk HP plus • SS lines • Brembo slotted discs • DHP tuned • Aeroforce • Hidden Hitch

^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown

'70 Ninety-Eight Holiday Coupe 455cid • 116k miles
^^^ SOLD ^^^ frown
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657082/4
dhughes03
Amateur
dhughes03

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 4:04 am

Thanx Aaron, im still kinda new at this forum thing lol i apologize.
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptyThu Nov 17, 2011 10:32 am

Darren I too have considered the XK8/XKR as the natural replacement for a Riv. My heart still beats when I see an XK8 coupe, an older model which I prefer.
Darren's Riv 0039-046-front-angle-480

As for the candy apple red, I agree finding the perfect color would have to be from a custom paint company like House of Kolor which is expensive.

I've had to reasearch factory production vehicles to find a similar color, you save a ton of cash when it was a real production color.

I wanted to find a nice candy apple for my Miata. I wanted something similar to the red you see on the shelby Cobra kit cars. Couldn't find it. So I looked to Ford thinking they might have had a nice red for their Mustangs but they really don't; it's the same as my mom's Ford Edge, Candy Red which is more of a boring cranberry. So I next went to Jaguar for the XK8's Carnival Red and Lexus for the SC430's Concorde red/purple color. My goal was to get a color that was visually highlighted on the creases and haunches of the car and had an array of color from the highlight to dark areas.

So for you, I think you might like the red from Cadillac's XLR roadster called Crystal Red.
Darren's Riv 85601126C
Darren's Riv 85601126C.16

Now for getting the paint code to bring to the paintshop. I use www.paintscratch.com it's a free site. Put in the year and model and they show you all the colors that it came in that year. The XLR pictured is a 2008.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
dhughes03
Amateur
dhughes03

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 7:35 am

Thanx for the advice, as for the jag, i was looking at that year as well, but of course in red and hopefully convertible and supercharged, but i did a comparison between that and the riviera, and of course the riviera one as far as comfort and interior room, but i just need the growl of a V-8 is there anyway to do an engine swap of any kind for the riviera?
Back to top Go down
stan
Expert

Merit : 12

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 3:00 pm

ohhh yes the Jaguar XKR Silverstone edition they made only 25 (or 26)!....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Darren's Riv Empty
PostSubject: Re: Darren's Riv   Darren's Riv Empty

Back to top Go down

Darren's Riv
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   General :: Showroom-
Jump to: