Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Delphi Battery's

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
RiverUPnGO
Amateur
RiverUPnGO

Name : Brady
Merit : 0

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:06 pm

So i just had my alternator rebuilt to 150 amps w new bindings and rec and an avalanche chip. Now the battery thats only a year old has no cca hardly even after charge and I know this battery is under warranty but I am wondering since this is an OEM battery if I could take it to dealer and have it exchanged for free or how to find a Delphi supplier. Any help would be superb
Back to top Go down
http://bietau85@gmail.com
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Name : robotennis
Merit : 143

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySat Dec 10, 2011 11:28 pm

chalk up your loss and get an Optima. You most likely wont have any problems for years.My last Optima lasted me allmost 15 years.
Call the dealer and see what he can do for you.My guess is not much.
Back to top Go down
RiverUPnGO
Amateur
RiverUPnGO

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:45 am

kinda hard to chalk up another loss when in the last 3 months have put all new struts, springs, sway linkage, fuel pump, 2 motor mounts, brake lines all around, trac cntrl unit, and 3 coil packs. Ive lost enough.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 12:48 am

I know how hard it is.But the testimonies regarding the Optima battery speak for themselves.
There is no greater supporting component than the battery to the automobile
Back to top Go down
RiverUPnGO
Amateur
RiverUPnGO

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:20 am

Thats great and all but I am just looking for guidance on getting this brand battery exchanged. It cant be that bad if its what came in the car new.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 1:51 am

take it back to where you bought it
Back to top Go down
RiverUPnGO
Amateur
RiverUPnGO

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 2:02 am

ROFL---- if I knew where it was bought I would have never have asked in the first place. I know its a newer battery due to the date on it. The Old man before me who is now dead cant exactly tell me where he bought it. He had the car sitting for over a year and i am sure thats why its garbage now since he had it jumped rather than charged back up. Lets just close this thread and maybe I will just guide myself to the dealership come monday.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 3:36 am

how in the f...k is anyone here supposed to know what to do with a dead battery that a guy,now dead,put in your car? call delphi! couldnt ya have thought of that one yourself!? duh
Back to top Go down
setsuna57

Name : Rsquared
Merit : 3

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 4:29 am

robotennis61 wrote:
how in the f...k is anyone here supposed to know what to do with a dead battery that a guy,now dead,put in your car? call delphi! couldnt ya have thought of that one yourself!? duh

rotf popcorn
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:32 pm

RiverUPnGO wrote:
So i just had my alternator rebuilt to 150 amps w new bindings and rec and an avalanche chip. Now the battery thats only a year old has no cca hardly even after charge and I know this battery is under warranty but I am wondering since this is an OEM battery if I could take it to dealer and have it exchanged for free or how to find a Delphi supplier. Any help would be superb

It depends.

If the battery decal was marked with the month and year of sale you *might* get a pro-rated exchange from a dealer. Please check the top of the battery to see if the decal was punched. Please telephone a GM dealer's parts desk to find a supplier. A better regional parts counterperson will have a clue where the thing came from whether it came from a dealership or not.

Delphi is the more-or-less captive parts supplier to General Motors.

I have no idea why your Riv has a Delphi battery. When the Riv was made Delphi was not around yet. When I purchased a battery a couple years ago the local GM dealer sold me an ACDelco battery.

But - don't wig out and don't take the flame bait from Robo, he means well (well enough anyway) and he really likes the Optima battery. The OE battery, judging by my experience and reading posts here, is good for 7-11 years of decent service. Thing of it is - IIRC - to make the Optima fit right you have to rig a platform out of a plastic cutting board using a jigsaw.

The Delphi, ACDelco and Interstate "Group 79" batteries are **VERY** good units. However, again IIRC, the Delco and Delphi batteries are actually made by Johnson Controls.

Car batteries are easy enough to shop for on line, but hard to actually buy on line. Really, your best bet would be to phone a GM dealer and ask about the Delphi battery. If it can't be replaced under a warranty (you have no proof of purchase I take it) you can at least get a price from the dealer to compare to others. You might consider Sears, a car parts store, and look on line or in yellow pages for an Interstate Battery dealer. Most likely Interstate will be least $$ all in, would be my guess. If the GM dealer's price is within ~10% of the others (some dealers are **very** competitive on batteries you'd be surprised) I'd just get it there.

Albertj

Back to top Go down
RiverUPnGO
Amateur
RiverUPnGO

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:43 pm

robotennis61 wrote:

your a funny guy aren't ya.

Last edited by RiverUPnGO on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
RiverUPnGO
Amateur
RiverUPnGO

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 8:48 pm

Thanks albert that was the info I needed, not beat around the subject and the attempt to make me feel stupid from robo. Ignorant ass he is as there is no meaning well there. Just a prick. However the johnson controls changeover is what threw a wrench in my operation. Your one post is all that was necessary as i want original.
Back to top Go down
robotennis61
Guru
robotennis61

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 pm

I'd rather be a prick than a dumb ass who doesnt know what to do with a dead battery.you dumb butt
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's EmptySun Dec 11, 2011 10:57 pm

RiverUPnGO wrote:
Thanks albert that was the info I needed, not beat around the subject and the attempt to make me feel stupid from robo. Ignorant ass he is as there is no meaning well there. Just a prick. However the johnson controls changeover is what threw a wrench in my operation. Your one post is all that was necessary as i want original.

Please remember to post what you learn after you make those phone calls, it might help someone else. At present Delphi-branded lead-acid batteries are only sold in mainland China that I know of.

And by the way there was another set of posts on the thermistor on the positive cable that effectively controls charging rate. You should check your cables to see that they are OE. If not, your charging system may send your replacement battery to an early demise.

Also, an inexpensive way to get a serviceable battery may be the local junkyard. Cars like the Caddies that these Group 79 batteries come in, people do not junk their cars over batteries. The likelihood you can snag a good one is much better than chance. I am thinking $10 to $25 ought to do it. I think the yards get $5 to $10 each for them. Basically you need one that tests to 450 CCAs or better IIRC.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Delphi Battery's Empty
PostSubject: Re: Delphi Battery's   Delphi Battery's Empty

Back to top Go down

Delphi Battery's
Page 1 of 1