Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera

Go down 
+3
2000ws6transam
AA
Andysdorm
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 pm

If it is just a vacuum T or coupler, there's no reason why you couldn't match or fab something from the HELP! section of an auto store. I can't really tell what the hell that thing is from the pic though. I'd just bring that part with you to the store and see what can be matched to it.
Back to top Go down
deekster_caddy
Master

Name : Derek
Merit : 109

Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 3:17 pm

It should just be a rubber elbow. Maybe that S hosey piece. Bring it in to a GOOD auto parts store and they should be able to match it up with something.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 03, 2012 6:33 pm

DEMonte1997 wrote:
If it is just a vacuum T or coupler, there's no reason why you couldn't match or fab something from the HELP! section of an auto store. I can't really tell what the hell that thing is from the pic though. I'd just bring that part with you to the store and see what can be matched to it.

You may have to match that by fitting a hard plastic tee or H in its place and using small gauge vac hose to connect to the rest of the manifold. If you reuse the old nylon vac lines you will want to use black RTV or some such to glue the thing together.

Warning - my old nylon lines had become somewhat brittle with age, at the points where the original connectors glued onto it.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Andysdorm
Aficionado
Andysdorm

Name : Andrew
Merit : 6

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 12:21 pm

very excited, got some of my parts today.

The guy on the site had to find some parts that I've requested so they are soon on their way.

Now is this a plug and play or is their certain cleaning involved that I should know about. I took a bit of time to get the parts and I want to install them correctly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/671386
DEMonte1997
Aficionado
DEMonte1997

Name : Rick
Merit : 37

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:41 pm

Vacuum lines should be plug and play.
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:46 pm

http://partimages.genpt.com/largeimages/231609.jpg

use a wet/dry vac or air compressor to blow the dust away and have a rag handy for wiping off stray oil or grease (for your convenience not really a need); starting with the central monster manifold connector work your way out line by line, following the old routing.

IF you have any around... consider putting silicone grease (not silicone spray, the carrier in it tends to dry out your rubber, rather the tune up boot grease for spark plugs and weatherstripping) on the rubber you're installing.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera   Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Mysterious Engine: A Pictoral of Andysdorm's low mile 1995 Riviera
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2