Riv Performance
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 8th Gen Riviera Resource

HomeDashboardLatest imagesSearchRiviera Questions & AnswersWrite-Ups IndexRegisterRelated LinksLog in

here it goes agian wtf

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pipes
Pipes

Name : Pipes
Merit : 0

here it goes agian wtf Empty
PostSubject: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 7:57 pm

this is crazy to me ... was driving home from work made 10 min stop got back in car it started right up like nothin is wrong but when i put in drive and gave it some gas nothin happened no engine rev nothin. turn it off and back on still nothin floor it rpm stayed around 900 left off gas and it started to go.... help please
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

Name : Andrew Zamiska
Merit : 63

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:13 pm

Just reading this real quick, it kinda sounds like the throttle cable isn't connected for one reason or another.

Just so we know, what's your car's year and engine? Did the gas pedal 'feel' different than normal when you tried to rev?
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :
Merit : 180

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Pipes wrote:
this is crazy to me ... was driving home from work made 10 min stop got back in car it started right up like nothin is wrong but when i put in drive and gave it some gas nothin happened no engine rev nothin. turn it off and back on still nothin floor it rpm stayed around 900 left off gas and it started to go.... help please

I agree with Z-type.

How about you take a picture (cell phone snapshot will do fine) of the throttle linkage and post it, we can compare it and then comment. My guess is someone was working in the vicinity of the throttle cable and bound something up. For instance R&R the throttle body for cleaning or otherwise modifying the intake.
Back to top Go down
Pipes
Pipes

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:26 pm

its my stock 95 sc riviera daily driver. pedal felt the same as normal....
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:29 pm

Albert is right...could be bound up on SOMETHING. That would certainly make it feel about the same. On the Series I L67 there's a lot the throttle can get caught on or stuck to or whathaveyou. If you can get us a picture, or a few pictures, we might be able to make a better guess smile .
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Pipes wrote:
its my stock 95 sc riviera daily driver. pedal felt the same as normal....

There is nothing that can be posted, really, to help you with this problem unless and until you flip the hood open and do some troubleshooting.

Please try the following:

- get a service manual and check the routing of the throttle and cruise control cables
- check the operation of the throttle drum (the gadget the cables wrap around)
- check for other accidental damage to the throttle body
- check the intake manifold for air leaks

**after** you've done some checking please post what you learned.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Pipes
Pipes

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptyThu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 pm

i will try to get under hood and get few pics in the a.m. thank for the help
Back to top Go down
Pipes
Pipes

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 8:44 am

I finally had a chance to look at it and when I started it up I noticed huge misfire check plug and wires then looked at throotle cable and there was not wrong tested the coils and the top on wasnt firing changed it and off I went never ran better. Thanks for all the help everyone
Back to top Go down
albertj
Master
albertj

Name :

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Z-type wrote:
Albert is right...could be bound up on SOMETHING. That would certainly make it feel about the same. On the Series I L67 there's a lot the throttle can get caught on or stuck to or whathaveyou. If you can get us a picture, or a few pictures, we might be able to make a better guess smile .

thanks... I think the only helpful thing I wrote was to get under the hood and look... glad Pipes is rolling again.

Albertj
Back to top Go down
Z-type
Aficionado
Z-type

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf EmptySun Feb 19, 2012 10:59 pm

Awesome...glad it was a relatively easy diagnosis and fix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: here it goes agian wtf   here it goes agian wtf Empty

Back to top Go down

here it goes agian wtf
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Riv Performance ::   Supercharged 3800 Tech :: Series I Engine & Transmission-
Jump to: